twenty-nine. okay!

"i'm a-okay" -lilac macintosh

"where'd you run off to?" angela asked the teenager, "i went to the doctors, i was feeling queasy yesterday, but i think it was just a little stomach bug because everything was fine," lilac lied. "oh okay that's good," harry patter lilacs shoulder, lilac was holding the bag at her side but she tried to hide it behind her back.

"what's that?" jaeden pointed at the bag, "oh, this? uh i stopped at the gas station on the way here, just to get some candy," lilac hoped that was convincing, "oh okay..." jaeden trailed off. "what? i'm a-okay!" lilac smiled and went to walk up the stairs.

she made it to her room and set the book down on her bed. she had to hide it, they couldn't find out... that would break them. she grabbed the book and put it in her closet behind sets of clothes and shoes, somewhere easy for her to find but hard for others to find.

when lilac thought she hid it well enough, she closed the closet door and sat down on her bed. 'i have to tell someone,' lilac thought.

"chloe... she has to know," lilac whispered and clicked chloes contact.

"hey lily bear!" chloe exclaimed when she answered the phone. "hey chloster," lilac smiled. "what's up girly?" chloe asked, "well i went to the doctor today," lilac started. "what for?" chloe asked another question, "i've been sick and... um. i found out that i actually have cancer and i'm scared chlo," lilac teared up. "what?" chloe asked shocked, "your joking, this isn't funny lilac," chloe started panicking, "i'm not... it's not funny, i'm so scared," lilac confessed. it was like a weigh was lifted off of her telling the truth. "but you're gonna be okay right?" lilac could hear the hurt in her voice, "i don't know," lilac replied.

"no.... what? no," chloe couldn't think, she was panicking... she might loose another one of her best friends, "but we're gonna treat it and hopefully it will work! and i know it will we have to be positive," lilac tried to cheer chloe up. "i guess so..." chloe agreed, "please don't tell anyone expect your parents and noah... i want to tell the rest myself..." lilac whispered, "of course lilac, and if anything goes wrong or if you need to talk call me!" chloe sadly said into the phone. "of course my love," lilac replied and the phone call ended.

lilac went to the bathroom to clean herself up, after she looked like she wasn't just breaking down, she went down stairs.

"hey lils you good?" jaeden asked when she made it into the living room, "ya, just scrolled through tiktok for awhile," lilac answered. "now LETS WATCH HAMILTON!" harry yelled, "haha okay," lilac agreed and turned the tv on.

(a/n: HAMILTON WAS SO GOOD YOU CANT CHANGE MY MIND)

kk speaks!

do you know how to do tricks on a skateboard?

published: 8.3.2020
edited:
word count: 503