sixty. goodbye lilac

"thank you lilac for the happiest year of my life

"thank you lilac for the happiest year of my life...." -harry stiles

lilac family and friends were sitting in the chairs watching a man in the front of the room say goodbye to lilac. it was finally time for any family or friends to speak.

there was a few family members that stood up and spoke but now westyn and harry has stood up to speak.

"i just met lilac, a year ago... and she was so welcoming and by far the most amazing person there was. i wouldn't have asked for a better best friend. thank you lilac, for the happiest year of my life," harry finished, "i had just moved from a different town when i met her... and, wow. was she amazing. she was so wild and she was so different, like she stood out from the crowd.... and she didn't care. i wish i could be like her, and i hope.. when i grow up," she paused to let out a small sad laugh. "i'll be just like her," westyn finished and they both sat down.

chloe then stood up and stayed there for awhile. "wow, lilac.... to many things pop into my head when i hear that name, and i know i can't stand up here for so long... so i'm just gonna say a few. lilac was so outgoing, she would do anything just to have a great time. she was so caring, she would always find a way to make you smile and laugh, and no matter what, she was so kind to you. you couldn't find anything about her to hate, because she was such an amazing person. we both lost our best friend a few months ago, and now i've lost them both... but i'm hoping. that lilac is sitting with olivia watching over me," and then chloe sat down.

jaeden was hesitant to stand, he wrote a eulogy but he was nervous. he slowly stood up, and opened the paper in his hand. he looked it over and then set it down in his seat, deciding against reading it.

"i don't know if any of you have read or seen looking for alaska... but that was one of lilacs favorite books. she liked it because alaska was so inspiring and she wanted to be just like her. she also really liked fruit snacks, everywhere she would go she would have some in her pocket," jaeden looked down at his shoes and smiled to himself.

"she used to go to mcdonald's, once every week, that seems like a lot, i know. but she didn't care, she was there so much they already put her order in when she walked through the door. the special 10 piece chicken nugget, with a large fountain drink and a sundae. i wish i could go to mcdonald's with her one more time... but that will only be a wish. when i met her, she was such a big fan of me, and when i answered her message, she was so excited. and i remember asking, is lilac your real name, and she laughed and said yeah. and i was so amazed, because lilac was a shade of purple and that was her name. but lilac wasn't just a color, she was full of memories"

"lilac wrote four letter, to me, wes, harry, and chloe. and i only know what she wrote in mine, but at the end she wrote 'please don't forget me'. and i think that's what we're all scared of. not dying but of people forgetting you after you die. and trust me i will never forget her. i may forget, the way she held my hand, or the sound of her laugh, but i'll never forget the memories with her. and lilac if you're here. i love you... present tense," jaeden finished and sat down in a pool of tears.

after the funeral jaeden, angela, westyn, chloe, noah, harry, and the losers went to mcdonald's. "i'm so sorry for your loss," the worker, who was the normal cashier for lilac, his name was mark. "i normally took her order, but i went to school with her and westyn," he explained and they all sadly nodded.

they got their food and sat down, they were quiet and didn't know what to talk about, "for lilac," noah said holding his cup up and everyone put theirs up too, "for lilac," and they all cheered their cups and went back to eating.

kk speaks!
rest in peace lilac

published: 8.30.2020
edited:
word count: 759