💮 Chapter 6💮: The invitation to the dinner.

Edited.

"Nora, what of that handkie?" Tina asked as soon as she walked into my room.

"Which handkie?" I asked her, as I covered my piano carefully with beautifully adorned white silk.

"The Dure Henia's handkie?" She asked again.

"Mummy bitch came by today with her all Noble father and used her father to collect it from me". I replied non challantly as I sat on the couch next to the balcony.

"Annabelle collected it?!!!... And you just gave it to her?!!!... How could you?!!!" She said, her voice sounding so upset.

"How could I?... I think your ears are selecting what they want to hear. I just said she used her father to collect it from me. You should be really thankful that I'm your friend, cause I don't repeat my words". I told her, then picked up my iPad.

"That bitch!!!! She snatched your boyfriend, snatched your fame and now your HANDKIE?... What's she gonna snatch next this time?!!" Tina asked angrily as she bounced angrily on the couch which made me bounce also.

"Don't know. If she could snatch my title, she would have". I said non challantly.

"I can't believe you just gave up that handkie just like that. You should have fought for it. The saying that he who holds a diamond and doesn't know it's worth, won't feel it's loss is so true". She said angrily.

"Whatever you say, I don't care.Whoever Henia is, he's human and that's all that matters" I replied, throwing peanuts into my mouth.

She mumbled some incoherent words and grumpily turned away from me.

"Don't worry, the handkie was stained with a black polish thanks to Mary". I said trying to comfort grumbling Tina. She just rolled her eyes and kept mumbling.

"Your highness. Your highness" said Mary, running into the room, panting heavily as she slowed down.

"Why are you running, Mary?" I asked her.

"You...your...your...words...from... highness...your...letter-" Mary said as she tried to catch her breath.

"Do you understand what she's saying?" I asked Tina.

"No, I don't. You're her mistress, you should understand". Said Tina, as she returned to checking her phone.

"I do not speak gibberish, Tina" I replied her, before standing up and facing Mary. "Keep quiet, Mary and don't say anything till you catch your breath. In the meantime, I'll be in the balcony, trying to catch some natural breeze. A lot has happened today". I said, as I stood up from the chair and walked to the veranda.

"A letter from Duchess Leila" someone announced at the door and all I did was pause in my tracks. I turned around to see who it was and saw Nanny at the door.

"Grandma, how are you?" Tina greeted Nanny as she walked quickly to the door to hug Nanny.

While they exchanged pleasantries all I did was sit on the arm of the couch.

"When you knew you were going to tell me yourself, why send Mary?" I couldn't help but ask.

"I asked Mary to summon you down the stairs but I decided against it and decided I must come myself to tell you. So I believe you know what to do from here!" Nanny said. I already knew what she meant when she walked in the door.

Nice one Nanny...
Come rain or sunshine, I must go and honour my aunt's invitation. Coming to announce it herself means she expects me to be fully dressed by the time she comes back in here.