💮Chapter 20💮: A conversation between brother and sister.

Edited.

This wasn't appropriate. I wasn't supposed to be feeling this way. I mean, it wasn't as if I did something unjust to Annabelle, she deserved everything she got.

Ugh... Nanny's words always have this effect on me whether I like it or not.

"Your highness, your tea". I heard Mary say as she dropped it on my bedstand.

"Take it away, Mary. I don't want any tea tonight". I told her as I tucked deeper into my bed.

"Okay, your highness". She replied before walking away.

I looked at the chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

"Are you asleep, Nora?" I heard my brother call. I didn't reply and closed my eyes.

I heard his footsteps coming closer. Before I knew it, his breathe was fanning my left ear.

"I know you aren't asleep, Nora". He whispered in my ear.

I smiled and sat up while he sat on the armchair beside the bed. I rested my back on the headboard so I could look him better in the eyes.

"Your hair's a mess. Why didn't you ask Mary to tidy it for you?" He asked me.

"What's with the visit tonight?" I asked him, indicating that he should go straight to the point.

"What do you mean?" He asked me, looking hurt.

"You know it more clearly than I do". I replied.

"No, I don't".

"Nevermind... Why am I even talking to you? I'm supposed to be pissed at you". I said as I folded my arms and looked away from him. He stood up from the chair immediately

"Oh great goddess, what has Green done to deserve your anger?" He asked as he gave me a little bow.

"I don't know. Maybe calling me a royal liability in front of so many commoners or maybe asking grandpa to give me bodyguards when you know clearly I don't need them". I replied, still pretending to be pissed.

"Oh that. Come on Nora, we both know that you need Bodyguards. You're my only sister and you have this attraction for trouble. If you don't find trouble, trouble will find you one way or another... Leaving you all by yourself, scares our grandparents, scares me even more. That was the only way we could ensure your safety". He explained, as he sat on the bed beside me.

"Okay... So what about that night you called me a royal liability?" I asked him.

His hands dramatically flew to his chest as he asked me "Did I say that?"

"Yes, you did".

"Oh, I'm so sorry Nora. I really am. I shouldn't have transferred my frustration on you".

"Frustration?... Brother, you were frustrated?" I asked him, trying to be sure that he was the one I was talking to.

"Yeah. I broke up with Barbara on that day". He told me. Then he sighed and laid on my laps.

"Good for you... I told you I never liked that bitch". I said with all honesty.

"Ouch" he said dramatically and we both laughed. It took a while before the laughter came down.

"Why's everyone saying that?... She was the nicest bitch I had ever dated". He whined.

"She was only nice to you because you are Prince Green Andrews. Who wouldn't want to be nice to the heir apparent?" I asked him.