💮Chapter 50💮: My deal with Grandpa.

"But Grandpa, the Volkov son didn't look interested in the marriage. He looked down on us".  I defended.

  "So?... is that why you had to look down on the Volkovs because of that. He walked away but you kissed that Henia in front of everybody there. You made me contradict myself!" Grandpa said, angrily.

  Grandpa was really mad at me. He didn't wait for the sun to be out before he came over to the mansion with a pissed face.

I couldn't sleep anyway. I had a lot on my mind.

"But Grandpa, we aren't living in the middle ages where girls were used as bargaining chips. I demand my freedom to marry whoever I want".

  "You, this child!... When will you stop your willful attitude?... IS IT UNTIL I'M DEAD?!!!" He yelled at me, his face was red from anger.

  I wanted to say something but Nanny sushed me.

I know it wasn't right to argue with my grandfather but I wasn't even in a good mood in the first place and grandpa nagging me just added to the whole thing.

  Grandfather sat down in on the sofa in the living room, and looked at the dormant Plasma screen TV, while I sat down gently on the couch beside him.

  Remember what I said about the living room being a place for annoying things to take place in my life?

I sighed deeply, knowing clearly that arguing with grandpa will take me nowhere. I decided to calmly explain to him hoping that he'd let me off the hook this time. I knelt down beside the sofa he was sitting on and said...

  "Grandpa?... I'm sorry... I really am. It's just that I feel that it's my marriage. I love Dure and I have agreed to be his woman. I wanted to tell you before hand but there was no time to tell you before the dance. You don't use mobile phones because you don't believe in them, or else, I'd have called you and told you about it. Everything happened so fast". I tried to explain.
  He looked at me, with a calm face. His anger seemed to have fade away and he held my hand. 

  "Eleanora... It's not that Grandpa doesn't want the best from you, but you can not find a man who truly loves you, in this country. You are the Princess here, and I'm scared that anyone that says he loves you is just deceiving you. They just want your status, money or your Fame. I want you to start a life in a neutral place where no one knows you. That's why I planned this wedding with a Russian man, hoping you'd never have to return to this country" He explained.

  "I know grandpa. I'm sorry. Let me off the hook this time and cancel the engagement".  I pleaded with him. He looked at me for a while. He looked at me and studied me for a while.

  "Do you love the Henia's heir that much?" He asked me.

"Yes, Grandpa. I do". I answered.

"Nora, Are you sure?"

"Yes, grandpa. I'm sure". I replied firmly.

"Fine. I'll cancel the engagement". He said with an infinite tone.

"Thank you so much grandpa. I love y-"

"On one condition!"

"Grandpa!" I whined.

"You'll go to the USA, two days after new year". He said looking straight ahead.

"Come on, grandpa, what of my studies here?... I'm not done with high school".

"Leave that to me. If you can agree that you'll go to the USA, January 3rd next year then I will lower my pride and call off the engagement". He said. He didn't look like he was going to change his mind any soon.

"Okay, Grandpa. I'll think about it".

"I need your answer now!" He replied firmly.

"Grandpa!!!" I whined but he didn't seem like he's going to change his mind anytime soon.

  I sat on the couch which I stood up from.

  On the brighter side, he didn't say when I should return.  I'll go to the USA and return after completing my college days.

"Fine, grandpa. I'll go on the 7th of January". I replied.

"3rd!"

"7th"

"3rd"

"Fine, 5th"

"Fine by me". Grandpa agreed. Then we shaked hands "Deal!" We chorused.

  "Your majesty, the conference will be taking place soon". Grandpa's P.A said with a bow.

"I'll be on my way now, Nora. Don't forget our deal". Grandpa said as he stood up. I escorted him to the limo, where he kissed me on the forehead and he entered the car.

"I've asked Wills to send you your birthday gift. Be on your best behavior". Grandpa said, as the limo drove away.

  "Your highness, your friend, Tashie, has been trying to reach you. She's calling again". Mary said, handing over to me, the ringing phone.

I accepted the call and said into it "Hey, Tashie. What's up?" I asked.

  "Nora! Save me!! Save me, please. Save me!!!" She cried. I could hear her panting. She sounded so scared and in more pain this time.

  "Where are you, now?" I asked, my chest suddenly tightening. She didn't reply. The only thing I heard was her heavy panting.

"Tashie, tell me. Where are you?!!!" I asked again. But still no reply.

Then the next thing I heard, was a background thump, growl and then a scream. Then the phone hung up.

  That was enough to put me into a panic.

"GET THE CAR NOW!!!" I yelled. Running towards the gate. 

The first place that came to my mind, was her house.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

  My brother's bodyguards broke down the mighty doors of the mansion.

  It was weird. How could the doors of a Mansion be locked. I just couldn't understand why. But I ran into the mansion nevertheless.

   I ran as fast as my legs could carry me into the mansion. I ran up the spiral stairway not stopping for once.

I just hope nothing happened to Tashie. I hope and pray so.

  I checked each room of the mansion as fast as I could. The first three rooms were empty. The next room I checked, was dark. So I ran out the room and checked other rooms. It was empty.

  I was almost running crazy from anger and fear.

She clearly called me.

  My mind went back to the dark room. I ran back there, this time the Bodyguards joined me to search the room, carrying flashlights with them.

  In the dark room, there was a faint light coming from the corner of the room. I went there to check what it was only to find out that the light was actually coming from another inner room.

The Bodyguards broke down the door and I barged into the room.

The sight I saw was so horrifying. The smell from the room was nauseating. The room was almost dark with a dull blue light on. But even in the dull light, I could see the evil that was about to take place.

I now understood why Tashie has been behaving the way she was.

  Tashie was lying unconscious on the bed in her underwear, while her father hovered over her in his boxers.

  "YOU BEAST!!!"