💮Chapter 32💮: Returning home

"Have you gotten our bags ready?" I asked Mary.

  "Yes, your highness. They're all ready". She replied me after putting the bags in the car.

  Dure and I spoke at length yesterday night stroke this morning. I asked him if there was any news from the royal family and he said there was none.

  Maybe my brother wasn't in the country, cause if he was, I could bet on my life that he'll be damned worried and he'd have turned the city upside down looking for me.

I walked down the stairs that led down the hill and dropped the bag in the car boot.

  "Mary, go upstairs and get me my phone. It's on the couch next to the fireplace". I ordered her.

  "Yes, your highness". She replied and took two steps forward, then stopped and looked at me.

  "What?" I had to ask her when her stares were getting uncomfortable.

"You want to lure me away so you can go into the woods again?" She asked me, raising an eyebrow at me while her two hands rested on her tiny waist.

  "No. I'm not going anywhere. Go pick up my phone quickly before Dure locks the door". I urged her but she didn't burge, saying "Wherever my lady goes, is where I will be".

  "You little-"

"Here's your phone, Nora". I heard Dure say as he handed over my phone to me. I took it and muttered a little "Thank you" to him and he smiled.

  "I'll deal with you later". I told Mary before turning to face Dure.

  "How many hours do we need to get home?" I asked him.

"Umm... This is four in the evening. By the time we arrive in the city, it'll be around 10:00 pm, if there's no traffic". He replied, looking at his wrist watch.

  "A SIX HOURS JOURNEY?!!!" I yelled in disbelief.

  "The earlier we set out, the better for us, Princess". I heard Mary say.

  "I wasn't talking to you, you little brat. Besides, you will still face punishment for disobeying my orders". I told her before facing Dure again, who had brought out the car key and pressed the button. The car beeped and Dure opened the door.

  "Why did you bring your phone when you knew you wouldn't need it?" He asked me, as he pointed to my phone.

  "Oh, I brought it along to see what was going on in the city. Any latest news of any kind but I didn't expect this place to be under development. Phone is seen as a luxury here. Besides, there's no network". I explained and he nodded.

  "Your highness, I'm sorry for interrupting your conversation. I'm going to get us some refreshments for our journey. I'll be back in a jiffy". Mary said then set off almost immediately.

  "I like your maid. She's very smart" Dure complimented while we both looked at her retreating back.

  "Yeah. She is. I'm planning to resume her education for her". I told him, while watching happy Mary hope for joy as she went to wherever she was going.

  "You want your maid to be educated?" He looked like he didn't believe his ears.

  "Of course, what's wrong with that?"

"You are a wonderful mistress. To even think of the education of your servants".

"I don't see her as my maid. I see her more as a sister. She's the closest to me, you know?" I told him and he smiled, folding his arms. I felt his gaze shift to me. I didn't look at him, I just rested on the car beside him, then looked into the sky.