💮Chapter 33💮: Such severe punishment.

"Seize her". Green ordered and four hefty guys came for Mary took her. Dragging her roughly on the ground.

  "Release her, right now!" I ordered but they didn't listen to me, instead they continued dragging Mary and put her on a plank, which was carried by two other hefty guards.

  "I asked you to release her!" I told them, almost yelling.

  "Where have you been, Eleanora?" Green asked me, turning to face me.

  "I'll say nothing until you release her". I told him, facing him fair and square, looking each other dead in the eye.

  "Bring them out" he said before looking away.

  I didn't understand what he was saying until Kalia and Ciara were brought out. They were both laid on the floor. They looked so dirty and they even lost some weight.

  "I ask you again, where did you go?" He asked me, angrier this time.

  "What is with you and my movements, Green. I'm seventeen, I'm old enough to make my decisions. When you weren't around I was surviving fine on my own". He looked at me, then smiled.

  "So making your own decisions means you should leave the city without telling anyone, and return with a Henia?!"

  "What's wrong with being friends with a Henia?" I asked him. He didn't reply me, rather he turned around and said to the guards at his left hand side.

  "Hold the Princess well. On no account, should she escape your grip". He ordered.

"Yes, your highness". The three guards said and walked up to me, holding me firmly. One held my right arm, the second one held my left arm and the last one carried my feet off the ground.

  "What do you want to do to me?... Hit me?... Bring it on". I told him confidently. He walked up to me and made sure I couldn't see what was going on behind him.

  "I know how stubborn you are. You like things to go your way and no matter how much we scold you, it'll fall on deaf ears. So why even bother?" He told me to my face, then he moved aside for me to see what was going on at his back.

  Behold, Mary, Kalia and Ciara had their shirts removed. All they had on to cover their chests was their bra.

  I'mmediately I felt uncomfortable. Apart from me and a few other maids that came to watch what would take place, all others were men. Isn't that disgracing them?

  "Green, how could you be so heartless? They are still young girls like me. Showing off what is meant to be covered, don't you know they'll hate you for a lifetime?!!" I told him.

  "Lower them to the ground and begin their punishment!" He said to them.

  The guards handling them obeyed and then three other guards carried horse wips which had been deepened in fire and for some reason wasn't burned, used it on their bare backs.

  That was when I understood what Green was about to do.

  "Stop. STOP IT. STOP HITTING THEM!" I screamed so they could stop but they didn't listen to me. Mary's screams, the groaning of pain and agony coming from Kalia and Ciara was painful and just from hearing it, I could feel their pain.

  "I'm the boss here, Nora. These are my guards and they listen to me. So don't bother saying anything". Green told me.

  "Fine... I'll tell you where they are. Ask them to stop". I said, planning to confess to him.

  "No need confessing. I know where you went. You went to Muscow town and spent a month in the house of Melissa Henia" he said to my face.

  Who the fuck is Melissa Henia?

"When you knew, why bother ask?"

"What do you take me for?... DO YOU THINK I'M DUMB?!!...I WAITED FOR YOU TO COME BACK HOME YOURSELF. I PURPOSELY DIDN'T ANNOUNCE YOUR DISAPPEARANCE. IT'S A SHAME THAT THE NATION HAS SUCH A SELFISH LADY AS THE PRINCESS. AS FAR AS YOU HAVE YOUR PEACE, YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU MAKE YOUR FRIENDS!"

  "WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CHOICE OF FRIENDS?"

"YOU ARE A PRINCESS, ELEANORA. A PRINCESS AND THE JEWEL IN OUR GRANDPARENTS EYES. YOU ARE AN EASY TARGET. But you don't see what we see and followed what ever looks right in your eyes".

  "WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH MARY, KALIA AND CIARA?!!!"

  "For every mistake you make from henceforth, those surrounding you will be killed for it. Maybe that's when you'll realize that being a Princess isn't something to be joked with". He told me, then turned around and ordered them "Don't stop till they are all dead".

The guards increased their tempo.

"STOP!...STOP" I begged and tried to get out of the grip of those guards but they were too strong.

  I could see them moving slowly, their reaction to the hot lashes was getting slower and their backs were scarred already.

"Please, stop. I beg you". I begged Green as tears flowed out of my eyes.

Mary looked at me and slowly stretched forth her hand to me. She was slowly closing her eyes.

  "I'M BEGGING YOU TO STOP!... PLEASE STOP".  I begged further but all my pleas were on deaf ears.

  Then I saw Nanny watch at the distance.

"NANNY, PLEASE BEG THEM TO STOP. BEG HIM FOR ME. PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE" I cried.

"Your highness, she has learnt her lesson. For the sake of her soberness, please ask them to stop". Nanny begged on their behalf.

"I SWEAR TO YOU ON THIS DAY. IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ANY OF THOSE GIRLS, I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU GREEN". I swore to him.

Green was silent for a while.

"Stop!" He ordered the guards and they stopped whipping them. Then he turned to me. "I hope you've learnt a lesson or two". He looked up at the ones holding me. "Release her". He said and they did, making me fall face flat to the floor.

  I watched as he and his guards walked inside. When he was gone, I ran up to the girls  and the scene of their backs was one scary thing to look at for me.

  Tears flowed out of my eyes as my heart could no longer take the pain.

"Get the doctor! Please get the doctor". I cried as I looked at their unconscious bodies.

  "The three of you should carry them to the guest room". I ordered the three guards that held me before. This time, they obeyed me.

I removed my coat and wore it for Kalia, to cover her chest. Then I removed my jacket and wore it for Ciara so her chest also can be covered, then I removed my blouse and wore it for Mary, to cover her chest.

  "Get me a bucket of cold water with a napkin in it".  I ordered another maid, as I rushed up the stairs, with only my bra on.

  "Your highness, you can't run around in this, wear something to cover it up. You're a Princess-" I heard Nanny say but before she finished her statements I shut her up.

  "I THINK I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU! NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU WERE NOT CONSTANTLY NAGGING ME! I KNOW I'M THE BAD ONE HERE, LEAVE ME BE TO REMAIN THE BAD ONE". I yelled at her, snatched my hand away from her and continued on my way.

  "Your highness, the doctor is on his way" one maid said to me.

"Alright. Tell him to come meet me in the guest room". I ordered her and she obeyed.