💮Chapter 25💮: No more hope

"I'm gonna kill her. LET GO OF ME!" I yelled as Olive and one other guard held me tight.

"Nora! Nora!! Nora!!! Even if you kill her, will it restore it? Let's just find a way to fix all these". I heard Tashie say.

"Fix all this?... TASHIE, TOMORROW MORNING, THE BANQUET WILL START. GRANDMA IS ARRIVING TOMORROW MORNING. WE'VE INVITED THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE TO THIS BANQUET, THE PRIME MINISTER, THE REGENT, AND SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE. THEY WILL ARRIVE TOMORROW MORNING.THIS IS FIVE MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT, WHERE AND HOW ARE WE GOING TO FIX THESE?...EVERY BLOODY PERSON KNOWS THAT I'M THE ONE HOSTING THE BANQUET FOR THE QUEEN. WHAT WILL THE WORLD SAY?!!!" I yelled at her with pain and anger overflowing in my bloodstreams.

"Still, you need to calm down. I can promise you, we'll all think this through and get revenge later". Tina said in support to what Tashie said but I wouldn't have any of their words.

I don't care what I must pass through but that bitch must die. I struggled and struggled to get out of their grip but it was too firm.

"Nora, listen to me". I heard Olive say as he grabbed me by my shoulders and held me in place before I could escape.

"Let go of me". I warned.

"Eleanora, listen to me".

"I command you to let go of me!" I warned him.

" ELEANORA ANDREWS. ARE YOU STUPID?... CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT SHE WANTED?!! TO SEE YOU BREAK DOWN THIS WAY?!" He yelled at me.

"WELL, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. NOW LET ME TELL YOU MY OWN MISSION. I WON'T REST TILL I SEE HER BEGGING FOR MY MERCY. I'VE BEEN GOING TO EASY ON HER. SHE'S BECOME SO SPOILT AND SO ROTTEN THAT SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHEN TO PAY HER PERSONAL REVENGE". I yelled at him.

"Instead of you to find a way out, you're trying to kill the perpetrator. Wouldn't that add to your sins?"

"WHAT SINS?... I DID NOTHING WRONG. IT WAS ANNABELLE! SHE DID ALL OF THIS. THAT BITCH!!!"

"But who saw her do it?... And even if we saw her do it, where is the evidence that she did it?... We're your friends remember, if we were to behave as witnesses, it could be said that we all conspired against her. And how are we to tell the international ambassadors that it was a royal family member that did all these. Isn't that tainting the image of the royal family?... You'll be double charged guilty. Can't you see that she planned it well?" Olive told me and I realised that he was right.

She planned it all well. Nice way of getting back at me. I'll try to find a way out. The only thing she should regret is not Killing me in the fire, because now she would be so dead by the time I come for her.

"What do I do now?" I asked, as I broke down crying. I cried into his arms.

"Stop crying. Since when did you degrade yourself so low?... Crying in a man's arms. Will his arms fix everything for you? Or will your tears fix everything for you. Don't be stupid, Nora. You've always been so high and mighty, prove your worth this time around". Tashie said as she yanked me out of Olive's arms.

"Don't you have the people that are into decoration or are chefs that can cook?... The cake hasn't arrived, remember? We can have the party at the shore of the sea or on a ship. Allowing divers, surfers and even dolphins to entertain us. I know people that are good at driving and surfing. And I know people who have raised dolphins as their personal pets". Tina said, and suddenly my mood was a little bit better.

"You're right". I started as I cleaned my tears. "But what color do we use for the ship?" I asked.

"Don't worry about the ships. I can borrow one of the ships in the name of my mother. They'll lend it to me". Olive said.

"I know but you'll need the imperial decree". I reminded him.

"Don't you have the royal seal?... You can just forge the imperial decree for the Queen's birthday". Olive suggested.

"Isn't that dangerous?!... Grandpa will kill me. Besides, it's a crime against the nation. Only rebels do that".

"Nora, desperate times involves desperate measures. Besides, who among us will leak out the secret?... Everyone here is your friend right?" Olive said in a very convincing tone.

"Fine. In that case, let's begin". I replied.

"I'll be in the kitchen. But before that, I and this chef would go do some midnight shopping. We need to get the Queen's token so that we can be permitted into the international mall. Can you lend it to us, Nora?" Tashie asked me.

"Mary, get her the royal token". I ordered her.

"I'll be calling my friends or might even need to give them a midnight visit". She said. I nodded and she walked away.

"Olive, we don't need a fake imperial decree. I'll go with you and see if they disagree". I told him and he agreed. We both went to the treasurer's mansion hoping he'd lend it to us.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"I can't believe he threw us out of his house. He's gonna be so dead by the time grandpa gets back". I fumed as I walked into the eastern palace gates.

"Well, we can do the banquet on the beach, right?" Olive asked me.

"What about the chairs?... That bitch burnt everything!" I almost started crying.

"Nora, what did he say?" Tina asked me as soon as I sat on the half burnt couch.

"After waiting for him to come out of his house for two good hours, he turned us down. Saying that the ships were for transportation of goods and also for Navy whatever. He adamantly refused". I informed her.

"That's bad. What do we do?"

"What about you, could you call the divers and the surfers?" I asked her.

"The surfers travelled to Brazil to train for an international competition. The divers aren't in the country and aren't picking up my calls and the dolphin died last week. Everything is just a hot mess". She explained.

My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach.

Well, there's still one last Ray of hope. I hope Tashie brings good news. I thought as I watched with horror, the rising of the sun.

I was scared out of my wits. But tried to stay bold hoping that everything will eventually fall into place.

I looked at my phone and the time was 7:09 am. The party will start by 9:00 am and by now there wasn't any hope anywhere.

"What do we do now?" Tina asked, standing beside me while Olive rested his back to the wall.

"Grandma will surely ask me what happened here. What will I say?" I asked. Then suddenly I remembered. I ran out without a second thoughts.

"Nora, where are you going?" I heard Olive asked but I didn't reply.

Let's see if the Prime minister can offer us some help.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

My last piece of hope, was finally crushed. Ciara called me that the Tashie was nowhere to be found, including Mary. The prime minister wasn't in the state and twenty more minutes before 9:00 am. Tina called me that guests were already arriving.

Lilou called that my grandparents were back already and were on their way and worse still, rain was falling heavily.

I bent down in the middle of the rain and broke down.

You're a failure, Eleanora. A complete failure. I cried.

"What do we do now?" I cried. I've never felt so disgraced all my life. The invitations were already sent out. The guests were already arriving.

What do I tell them?... What do I do?

In the middle of the tears, with blurry vision, I saw two pair of legs appear before me. I looked up to see who they were, and behold, it was Dure, stretching forth his hand towards me while Phillips stood beside him.