💮 Chapter 53💮: Bidding goodbye

"You look so beautiful, your highness". Said Mrs Lilian Henia, Phillips mother, pulling me into a really choking hug.

  "You look beautiful as well". I coughed after I was released from her choking hug.

  "Princess Eleanora, thanks for inviting us to such an elaborate occasion". Said Greg Henia. Dure's paternal cousin who has been living with them for a really long while.

  "I'm happy you came". I said, leaving Mrs Lilian Henia to Mary so Mary could take her into the palace, and hugging Greg lightly.

  "Hey, Nora. How was your day?" Roland and Raina said, handing over to me a big bouqeaut of flowers, both hugging me at the same time.

"I'm so glad, you could make it". I said excitedly.

  "NORRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA! HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE!" Welma Henia yelled from the distance, but before I knew it she was already up the stairs and she jumped on me so hard, my heels shifted and I was on my way to the floor.

Someone caught both of us before we got to the floor. It was Dure.

  "Welma, can't you be more careful?... What if you tore her gown?" Dure asked Welma, carrying her by her clothes off me while he helped me to stand straight.

  "I think she's the cutest". I said and I accepted her into my arms.

Welma was the youngest Henia. She was six years old and she was the sister whom they never talked about.

Dure handed Welma over to Mary who took her into the palace.

  It was really good to be bonded to Dure's family. Everyone except from Shivaniqa, accepted me with open arms. During the Christmas dinner, it wasn't obvious in any way that I wasn't a family member as they all carried me along in their conversation.

  So, in turn, I invited them over to the palace on new year's Eve, to come watch the clock tower with the royal family, in gratitude for their hospitality.

In the nation, it was a tradition for every member of the city to come over and surround the clock tower. The clock tower was a tower just for the clock, so everyone could count down to the new year. It was a tall tower so there was a better view from the Southern palace balcony.

  All the royals and the royals family members gather at the southern palace to have a better view of the clock during the countdown to the new year, so I invited the Henias to come over and count down with the royal family. I also invited Tina, Tashie and Phillips.

  "Baby, I'll be right back. Do wait for me" Dure whispered in my ear and ran down the mighty stairs.

  On their way up the stairs, were Tashie, Tina and Olive with Olive and Tashie holding hands.

  "Happy New year's Eve, Nora. Thanks for inviting us to watch the clock tower with you". I heard Tina say but my mind was concentrated on Tashie and Olive's hands.

  I guess they noticed because the next thing I heard "We talked things out. Her mother's mistakes has nothing to do with her. Besides, she's still trying to recover from the trauma". Olive said. 

"Wow, I must say that I didn't expect you guys to reconcile so fast". I said totally amazed.

"Well, six days is a lot". Tina said.

Then Tashie pulled me into a choking hug.

What's it with me and choking hugs today?

"You're the best friend anyone could ever have and I am so honored to have you as my friend". She said into my ear.