💮 Chapter 18💮: Teaching the royal bitch a lesson.

Edited.

"Make sure you are of good behavior, Nora. Do not disturb your brother, okay?" Granny said as I walked her to the royal carriage. It was Sunday evening and my grandparents were returning back to the palace.

"Yes, Grandma. I will". I replied for the tenth time today. Grandpa was already in the car, waiting for granny to join him. Mary and the two new bodyguards were following us closely, their heads bowed cause they dared not look the king in the eye.

"Be healthy, baby". Said Granny for the tenth time today. 

"Yes, yes, yes, grandma. I will do as you say". I whined.

"As for you three, Don't you dare be slack on your work. If anything happens to my granddaughter, you all will be hanged outside the palace gates!" Grandma warned them.

"Yes, your majesty". They all chorused.

"Green, don't forget what we talked about". Grandpa said to my brother who was standing at the other side of the car.

"Yes, grandpa. I wouldn't". He replied, giving a little bow.

I helped grandma into the car.

"Your majesty, Annabella wishes you save journey to the palace". I heard someone say behind me.

"Is that my Annabella?... Steven's only daughter?" Grandpa asked, as he looked towards her.

"Yes, Grandpa". She replied and I immediately threw her a glare.

"Grandpa?... When did you take in another granddaughter?... Dear grandfather, enlighten me". I whined.

"You... You are just like your grandma. So childish. You and Annabella will always be my favorite granddaughters".

"Grandfather!" I whined and was about to throw a tantrum, but Nanny threw me a glare I'mmediately, whatever I had wanted to say, rolled down my throat.

"Thank you, grandfather for your magnanimity". Annabelle said as she curtised for grandpa.

"Don't worry Nora, No matter how much a dog wants attention, it'll only ever be, just a dog". Said grandma, adjusting herself on her seat.

"And no matter how much she wishes to be the Ruler of this nation, she can only ever be the second in command. That's if she has been acknowledged by all. Have a safe trip to the palace, your majesty". Annabelle spat.

It was so obvious she was attacking my grandmother. Knowing how grandma could be, grandpa asked the driver to leave immediately. I kept silent and waved at my grandparents as they left.

As soon as they were out of site, I waited patiently for Nanny to walk inside before I turned and hit Annabelle hard on her face. She fell to the ground, staining her little pink dress. I guess, she wasn't expecting it. She looked up at me, holding her face and sending me a glare.

"Why did you do that, Nora?" Green asked me, scrunching his eyebrows at me

"Oh, Pardon me... I didn't mean for her to fall down, I just saw a fly on her face. My aim was to kill it but it flew away. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience cousin". I apologized with a sly smirk on my lips.

I knew exceedingly well, that I wouldn't have tried what I did if Her parents were present or Nanny hadn't gone back into the mansion to do something else.

Uncle Steven wasn't my grandmother's child, he was the child of my grandfather and the royal consort, who has been away for a long time. Since there has been some friction between grandmother and Royal consort, grandmother transfers the aggression to Royal consort's child and grandchild.