💮Chapter 37💮: Journalists don't mind their damn business (2)

Dure dropped me in front of my house and waved at me before driving off.

It was 7:00 p.m already. I had already called Ciara to drive home without me, since it was Dure who dropped me.

I walked into the house and saw Mary and Kalia in front of the stairs waiting for me. Mary was holding a coat, under the snow, sitting on the last step of the stairs. We were already in winter and the snow had already started falling.

"Your highness". Kalia called as soon as she set her eyes on me. They both ran to me. Mary placed the coat over my shoulders.

"You're not supposed to be outside, Mary. You haven't recovered yet". I told her, stopping to look at her. Her face looked so pale and her eyes looked tired.

"Your highness, I'm happy you're here. Nanny is seriously worried about you". She said, as she held my hands. Her hands were so cold. I held Kalia's hands too and they were the same. Both of them had cold hands.

"Let's for go inside. The snow is getting heavier". I told them, throwing my hands on each of their shoulder and walking into the house.

The guards at the door saluted and I paused in my footsteps to look at them. If they hadn't saluted me, I'd have thought they were statues.

"Aren't you two cold?" I asked them.

"No your highness". They chorused. I sighed and walked inside.

"Princess, Where did you go?... Ciara came back home without you and you didn't pick your calls". Nanny said as soon as I sat down on the recliner chair in front of the fireplace.

I pretended not to here her and turned to one of the random maids cleaning the glass table.

"Go and tell Tonio to make coffee for all the servants in the house including bodyguards". I ordered her and she obeyed.

"Do you both care for Coffee?" I asked Mary and Kalia, while Mary dropped the tea cup on the little table beside me.

"Thank you, your highness, for your grace". Mary and Kalia replied.

"Princess?" I heard Nanny say but I just ignored her.

"Your highness, Nanny's talking to you. Just hear her out". Mary whispered and I almost spat the tea I was drinking on her.

But I guess she was right though.

"Leave this place. All of you". I ordered them all and they walked out after curtsieing. Nanny followed them.

"Except you, Nanny" I ordered her.

She stopped but didn't turn around to look at me.

"I know everything you did for me, was for my good..." I paused, and dropped the teacup on the table, as I sat up. Then I continued

"I know you have always put in your best to make me a better person. To make me a better Princess. I know you treat me like your own child... But you need to understand that I'm not someone who will attack another person without a reason. You of all people, should understand, that Annabelle doesn't stop at just annoying me, she has even tried to humiliate me. What I expected you to do was ask me what she had done for me to react that way. Constantly nagging me, wouldn't get the job done". I said to her as simply as I could.

"Is that why you left?" She asked.

"I left so I could have some time to myself. So I could get away from all this. I didn't know that Green will be angry at me for leaving without saying a word".

"How was your trip?" She suddenly asked.

"Sorry?" She walked up to me and held my hand.

"Princess Eleanora, I should be the one to apologize to you for always imposing my will on you. I know how much you hate being controlled but sometimes, I can't help but tell you what to do... The palace is a dangerous place and not everything is exactly as it seems. Sometimes when someone offends you, you pretend like nothing happened or that might be the perfect chance for them to get rid of you. You're still young and you don't understand what I'm saying but I know one day you will.

I won't interfere in your decisions again but I'll at least give you a piece of advice as a forewarning... And as for your trip, if you want to go anywhere just tell me. Don't ever leave without saying goodbye". She told me, squeezing my hands with every sentence.

I wanted to ask her why she wasn't mad that I was gone for a month but...

"NORA! WHERE ARE YOU?" I heard Tashie shout.

Oh goodness, What in the name of Achilles heel is she doing here?!

She and Tina walked in while Mary helped them to carry the bag they brought.

"There she is". Tina told Tashie before walking up to me.

"What is it, this time?" I asked as I fell into the recliner chair. Nanny patted my hand before walking away.

"Explain this!" A phone was brought up to my face.

"Wedding bells coming up?...Princess Eleanora and Dure Henia were found having a quiet time in the upcoming restaurant, Mc Douglas having a beautiful chat together, when Princess Eleanora suddenly burst angry and spilled her milkshake everywhere. Dure displayed the signs of a loving boyfriend by helping her clean up. Could this be a sign that they will soon be married?... What the heck? Where on Earth did they even get that idea?" I sat up and showed the disgust on my face after reading the latest headlines.

"Are you trying to say that nothing is going on between you two?" Tashie asked me.

"Nothing is going on between us. We haven't even hugged" I told them.

"Hmm... You're lying, Nora". Tashie said to me before gulping down my tea.

"That was for me". I reminded her.

"Oh really?... Well, you should have thought about that before going out with my crush". Tashie yelled back at me but she seemed to be more heartbroken than angry.

"The whole city is talking about it. Considering the fact that the Andrews and the Henias never for once got along". Tina said on the other side.

"Calm down girls, We are just normal friends". I tried to explain.

"Just normal friends?... He came to pick you up this afternoon".

"Tashie?... He's just my friend who helped me out when I was having a bad day. Besides, when we were living together last month, he never showed any sign of-"

"YOU LIVED TOGETHER?!... FOR A MONTH?!!" They both chorused.

What the heck?... Did I just say that?!

I stood up from the recliner chair and headed for the stairs to my room.

"Ciara?... Take them home before it gets dark". I ordered her and she agreed.

"Don't even think of escaping today. We're here to spend the night!". Tashie announced.

The both of them stood up and walked towards me. I tried to run to my room and slam the door but then all the workers of the mansion started to gather. No matter how I tried to escape, one always appeared in front of me.

Then they all bowed and chorused "Thank you for your grace, Your highness. We enjoyed the coffee".

"This is not the time to thank me". I said as I tried to escape. But before I could run, Tashie and Tina caught me by the arm and said "You're going no where Princess. You have an explanation to give us".