💮Chapter 40💮: Annabelle's birthday

"Your highness, what do we buy for your cousin's birthday?" Mary asked me as I applied anti-scar cream on her bare back.

"Buy?... You don't actually expect me to buy right?" I closed the cream and helped her with her zip.

  "Thank you, your highness" she said and stood up from my bed, collecting the cream from me.

  "But, your highness, the gift is supposed to represent the royal family" Ciara said.

"I never said I'll give her a substandard gift. I just said I wouldn't buy it". I explained myself but they still looked confused.

  "Goodness gracious... Kalia, go into my dressing room, where I keep my accessories, there's one box that looks so old. The oldest there, bring it out and wrap it up as gift for her". I ordered.

  "The gifts you don't want anymore is the one you're giving your cousin on behalf of the royal family?"

  "Is there any problem with that?... A Congolese gave it as a gift but I didn't like the design, it was too dazzling. Besides, no one's gonna know if you don't talk about it". I said to them before walking into the bathroom to have a wash.

    Sometimes, you just have to be smart. Giving Annabelle such an accessory would seem like I'm generous but actually, I'm just giving out what I don't need at the same time resting at home in the name of getting her a wonderful gift. Two birds killed with one stone.

Yesterday was one hell of a hectic day. So I'm gonna use today to make up for all the sleep I missed out on. 

  "When's her birthday party starting?" I asked Mary from the bathroom. 

  "By noon, your highness". She replied. I said nothing and entered the automatic shower. I didn't have to press anything, all I needed to do was go in and it would on, or step out and it would off.

   I took my time in the shower, thinking of what happened between Dure and I yesterday.

I do hope he wasn't mad at me when I pulled away from his kiss.

  I thought as I touched my forehead.

  Does it mean, he likes me? What if he just did that because I was age mates with his Younger brother and he just saw me as a sister?

I didn't waste time in washing off all the soap from my body, then as soon as I was done with that, I walked out of the bathroom, going straight to my changing room. I dressed as quickly as I could just so I could call Dure and ask if he had gotten to where he said he wanted to go to.

  "Your highness, Your phone". Mary said, handing over my phone to me I'mmediately I was out of the changing room.

"Who's calling?" I asked her.

"It's an unknown ID, your highness". She replied.

  I pressed the green button and connected it to my headphones, sitting on the bed and eagerly waiting to hear the voice of the caller.

  "Hello". I heard the voice of the caller say.

"Good morning. Who am I speaking with?" I asked in a very formal tone.

  Normally, I don't pick calls that has an unknown ID. The royal entertainment are really something I've been trying to avoid.

"Dure Henia on the line. Can I please talk to Her highness Eleanora?" He asked and I laughed as softly as I could.

  "This is Eleanora speaking. I was just about to call you already. How are you? Have you gotten there? Did you arrive safely? Did you-"