TRACK 1

new angel (first-time reader (FTR)) check-in!!

returning angel (rereader (RR)) check-in!!

STAR NEWS: 5KINGS CONTINUE WITHOUT CARTER

STAR NEWS: HINTS LEADING UP TO CARTER LEAVING

STAR NEWS: WHERE HAS CARTER BEEN HIDING?

STAR NEWS: 5KINGS FINALLY SPEAK OUT

Without hesitation, my finger clicked the article title.

Carter Young, 24, has officially left 5KINGS.

After an official statement was posted by the boyband regarding Carter Young's departure, the boys sat down for their first in-person interview since the news broke. "We are truly heartbroken over how it happened," Roman, 22, "We wish him the best of luck, but of course we would have wanted to end on better terms."

My eyes quickly skimmed past all their bullshit comments. It was clear, at least to me, that these so-called responses were orchestrated by the management team.

Recent speculation has led many to believe a feud between band members is the reason for Young's abrupt departure. The remaining members, Roman, Will, Ethan and Alex, did not provide any comment to the rumours, and instead, focused on the future as a foursome.

It is safe to say, however, that fans are furious over Carter's sudden disappearance. One fan tweeting-

"You going to come inside or what?"

I quickly shoved my phone into my pocket, hearing Ryan's voice. The tall man moved out from the doorframe and strolled towards my side.

"If I had known you'd be spending all your entire night out reading the tabloids, I would've left you at home."

Clearly, I wasn't as sly as I had thought.

"I'm having a smoke just like I said I was." I brought the cigarette up to my lips, taking a long drag as I leaned against the cold brick wall.

Even in the dimly lit alley, I could still see Ryan rolling his eyes to my response. "Come on, man," he sighed, "I finally got you out of the house. No one here will know who you are. Trust me." Ryan chuckled, nodding towards the baseball cap I sported.

While he said it was ridiculous, I said it was necessary. The last thing I wanted was to be spotted by photographers, especially on the day my ex-bandmates had just done an interview. I would do anything to avoid the morning headline to be "Carter partying while his bandmates mourn" or some shit along those lines.

I brought the cigarette up to my lips for a final drag, pinching the almost non-existent butt between my fingers before flicking it onto the pavement. I slowly exhaled the smoke from my lungs in an attempt to stall for as long as possible.