TRACK 45

With (NO) love, Tyler-Jane Roberts

"What the fuck happened last night?"

"Good morning to you too," Carter chimed next to me.

"Morning," I groaned, turning over in bed to face him. "Now, what the fuck happened? My head's pounding and my whole body aches."

"Do you remember anything from last night?"

"No, not really." That was putting it lightly.

"You were quite the dancing machine."

My eyes widened. "Please tell me you're joking."

Carter placed a kiss on my forehead. "Unfortunately for you, I am not." His attention was pulled to his phone. "Shit."

"What is it?"

"We made the headlines this morning."

STAR NEWS: CARTER YOUNG AND TJ ROBERTS SPOTTED TOGETHER ON VACATION

Resting my head on his chest, I watched his screen as he skimmed through the photos. There were only a few that appeared to make their way into the article - apparently, two people taking a walk together in Seattle was deemed newsworthy these days.

Noticing the cup in my hand, I said, "At least that coffee shop we went to will get some free publicity now."

"You're not mad this is out?"

I lifted my head to meet his worried glance. "Why would I be?"

"I just thought since, you know, keeping our relationship private and away from this type of shit was important to you, that it would make you upset," he said, "Plus, you seemed to like it when I told you Seattle was safe grounds from paparazzi and this is making me out to be a liar."

"Oh, a liar?" I teased. "I mean, a couple of photos taken from yards away on a cell phone isn't that big of a deal to me. Would I prefer it not to happen? Sure. But I'd rather it be like this than have actual paparazzi hounding us. At least this time it was done with a bit of courtesy."

The corner of his lips tugged upwards into a smile. "That's an interesting way of looking at it."

"I mean, what else are we going to do about it? Not go on a walk ever again? This is out of our control. It's not it's something like you going on some talk show and jumping up and down and screaming my name."

"Ah, so I guess I should cancel my appearance for tomorrow then?"

"You're lucky the room is still spinning for me, otherwise I'd have something smart to say back."

His hand ran down my back soothingly. "How about I go make you some breakfast and we'll try to get the room to stay in one place."

Carter slipped out of the bed with ease - I was definitely hungover if I didn't even bother putting up a fight over food.

"Some of your things are in the bottom drawer if you want something else to wear."

"Thanks," he said as he rummaged through the drawer and pulled out a pair of sweatpants. "That reminds me, if you're ever missing something, it's definitely in your drawer at my place."

Not contemplating the magnitude of my words, I spoke my thoughts out loud, "Wouldn't it just be easier if all our things were magically together in one place?"

"That would be easier," he said, giving me a quick kiss. "I'll be back soon with your breakfast. Drink some water while I'm gone."

"Yes, Sir."