TRACK 32 - PART 2

"What? No one wants to give me a hug?" Brandon seemed to be enjoying himself as his eyes scanned the room. "Nice little party you've got going on here."

"It is," Silas sneered. "One you weren't invited to."

"Oh pipe down, princess," he said, waving him off dismissively. "Since when are you the brooding one? You've been stuck behind your sister's shadow for so long you're now stealing Weston's thing."

If there was one thing you could count on Brandon for, it would be dressing up in his sleaze-attire and instantly bringing down the mood of everyone around him.

"I heard the band I used to manage was putting out their first album. I just wanted to come by and send my best wishes." His attention quickly moved on to another person in the room. "Oh, and who are you?" Brandon's eyes narrowed on Gwen. "I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting before."

Gwen stayed silent, leaning closer into Patrick's side.

"Patty finally got a girl? Now, that's adorable," his eyes remained on Gwen as he added, "You know he plays for both sides, right?"

The grip I had on TJ's waist instinctively tightened as Brandon moved onto her. "You look good. Skip a meal today?"

I tensed beside her and opened my mouth to speak. I dropped my grip on her waist and went to step forward. It was as if she predicted my reaction, as I felt her tug on my hand. "Don't," she whispered. "He just wants you to react. Don't give in."

"Aw, now isn't that adorable," Brandon snickered. "Always knew you two would end up together. Well, I mean, I'm sure she's just the one you're fucking behind closed doors, cause we both know she's a bit," he lifted his index finger to the side of his head and spun it in a quick circle.

My shoulders tensed as my eyes narrowed down on him. He was testing my fucking patience, and he knew it.

TJ's nails dug into my skin. "Don't," she gritted through her teeth.

I looked down at her and nodded, doing my best to not think about how good it would feel to physically shut that fucker up.

"Damn, she really has you whipped." Brandon turned to Weston. "Must be hard for you. Having some guy walk in and steal the attention of the girl you have been so pathetically in love with for years."

Weston remained silent on the couch, fighting back the same urge the rest of us were. I could see his fist tighten, the veins on his neck beginning to bulge as Brandon continued with his taunting. I was beginning to think this sack of crap enjoyed getting punched; it was like he was asking for it every time he opened his mouth.

"Are you done?" TJ snapped, speaking to him directly for the first time. "We'd all like to go back to enjoying our night without you being here."

He cocked his head to the side, stepping forward with an amused grin. "Of course. One more question," he looked at me. "Have you ever been to London?"

My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach.

TJ scoffed. "Is that honestly what you wanted to ask?"

"What? He seems like a well-travelled guy." If I had any glimmer of hope that his question was a mere coincidence, it was instantly diminished when he added, "I've been thinking of staying at The Historian Hotel. Ever been there before?"

"No, I haven't."

Brandon raised a brow. "Really? I'm surprised. It seems just like the type of place a guy like you would want to stay at."

"You've had your fun," Weston snapped from the couch. "Alright? Get out."

"Oh, come on, Wes. Now you've got me reminiscing about the good ol' days." Brandon placed his hand on his heart. "Now that I'm thinking about it... I used to know a girl that lived in London. Oh, she was fucking something. She could have been a model if she wanted - tall, leggy, blonde, big blue eyes. The whole package really. God, what was her name..."