TRACK 12 - PART 1

I wasn't sure how I had let things escalate to this point.

One moment I was trying to burying my emotions by drowning my sorrows in alcohol. The next I was stumbling down the hallway entangled with the brunette, with her lips attacking my neck. My head was a mess. Trying to deny what I was thinking mixed with the amount I had to drink. With my hands tangled in her hair, she bit the skin on my neck. I winced slightly at her roughness, it wasn't that enjoyable coming from her, but it was enough to forget the thoughts that my mind wanted to focus on instead.

Her lips met mine, and I could taste the vodka that lingered on them as her hands moved to the hem of my shirt. Whatever-her-name was the perfect distraction I needed right now.

"Why don't we take this somewhere more private?" She whispered, her lips brushing against my ear.

She pulled her head back, her now swollen lips curving into a smirk. The look she gave did nothing to me. Before I could talk myself out of it, I pulled her into the first empty room I found: a bathroom. It would do. As soon as the door shut, I grabbed her waist and lifted her onto the countertop. My hand slid up her thigh, pushing the skin-tight material of her dress up, causing it to bunch at her waist.

Our lips met once again. Her hands moved to my belt, unbuckling it. The button of my pants was quickly undone, and then the zipper. She moved quickly, her hand now travelling underneath my boxers.

And that's when the door flew open.

I broke the kiss, turning to yell at the person who had just barged in. As my eyes settled on the person standing in the doorway, the words quickly died in my mouth. She stood, mouth agape at the sight before her. When she focused on me, her green eyes narrowed.

"I guess we aren't that different, Young." She spat, retreating from the doorway.

I tried to think of something to say, but nothing seemed to fit.

"Oh, and by the way, there's a lock on the door for a reason," TJ added before slamming the door shut.

"Fuck."

"Is that your girlfriend or something?"

I jumped at the voice, already forgetting I was with company.

"No," I said, readjusting my pants, "But after this, I don't think she'll ever be."

"So, are we just not going to have sex now?"

I looked at her with disdain, "No... we're not. And could you leave or something?"

The brunette hopped off the counter, sliding down her dress, "You're an ass, you know that?" She said before opening and slamming the door shut.

"I'm well aware, darling," I mumbled to myself.

I ran the tap, letting it run until it was cold. Leaning down, I cupped the water and splashed some onto my face, drying off with my shirt. It was probably the safer option than using one of the towels. As I looked up, I caught a look at myself in the mirror. What the fuck was I doing? Within one night, I had managed to go back to the guy I was years ago. And over something so small as the girl I liked having a "conversation" with her ex.

I opened the bathroom door and found my way back towards the open room, quickly avoiding a swaying, drunken body.

"Hey man, there you are!" Silas gleamed, "You alright?"

I cleared my throat, forcing a smile. "Yeah, great."

"Well, we were just about to play a little drinking game with the survivors left. You in?"