TRACK 7

"It's pretty packed out there," I glanced at Silas as the two of us stood backstage, "You guys sure know how to pull a crowd."

Silas's peered around the corner, his eyes wide as he looked back to me, "Holy shit, I think that's the most amount of people we've ever had! Thank you, by the way, for setting this up."

I shrugged, "A deals a deal. Besides, you guys are the ones that got that audience here. I didn't do anything."

"Still, thank you."

"How's TJ been doing? You know, with the whole... gossip shit?"

"Gossip shit?" Silas repeated, with a broad grin, "She's been alright, I guess. Had to stop her from telling a twelve-year-old to shut the fuck up. But other than that, she's been okay." Silas acknowledged my confused expression, "The kid called her a whore," he clarified.

"She got called a whore?"

Silas nodded with a chuckle, "Yeah, something along the lines of how they're meant to be with you and not her."

"Silas," Weston's voice interrupted as he quickly walked over, Patrick following shortly behind, "We've got a problem."

Patrick handed over his phone. Whatever was on the screen caused a look of panic.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" Silas whispered. "How the hell did this get out?"

"I have no idea, someone must have leaked it," Patrick took his phone back, "It just got out. Do you think she knows?"

Silas shook his head, "No if she knew that was out, we would know."

I glanced down at my phone as the three guys spoke in hushed voices. Clearly, whatever had happened was not good. Especially if it was something that involved TJ.

"Who do you think leaked it?" I heard Weston pipe in.

"Well, besides the three of us, only one other person knows," Silas whispered, "And we all know, that son of a bitch would do anything for a quick buck. Plus, after everything that's gone down recently, I think he would want some revenge."

I forced my eyes to stay on the screen in front of me. I typed away to appear distracted over my device and be eavesdropping. It became increasingly more challenging to do so, however, when I could feel three pairs of eyes burning into my side.

"You guys alright?"

I looked over up to see TJ glancing between the three guys, a confused look meeting their panicked expressions.

Weston cleared his throat, "Uh, yeah, we just, uh-"

"We just saw the crowd," Silas quickly interrupted, "It's bigger than we thought. Kind of freaked us out a bit."

TJ rolled her eyes, "This is the time you guys decide to get nervous? Take a shot or something!"

The three boys exchanged awkward glances, staying silent. I took that as my opportunity to leave, wishing the group good luck before exiting the backstage area. Jeff stood near the front of the stage, speaking to a man who stood next to him.

"Ah, Carter, there you are," Jeff said as I approached, "You've met Hank before, right?"

Hank Fader, an old rock star turned high profile manager from the late 1980s to '90s. Most of his clientele were phased-out acts. There were many rumours within the industry walls that he was looking to make a comeback.

I extended my hand, greeting the now recognizable man, "Good to see you again."

"You too," Hank replied, "I've heard you found some new talent."