TRACK 51 - PART 2

With (NO) love, Tyler-Jane Roberts

1 YEAR AGO

FRIDAY, 2:56 AM, NEW YORK CITY

"You know what's weird?" I asked, resting my head against his chest.

"Tell me."

"Ever since I was little, I dreamed about the day I would get to visit this city," I said softly as my eyes focused on the skyline view his hotel provided. "Now, I'm finally here and all I've been able to see has been from a car or hotel window. And, in seven hours, the boys and I will be leaving on a bus."

Carter remained silent. Maybe he got bored and fell asleep. I couldn't blame him if he had. He probably thought I was crazy - some silly girl with a dream to see the big city. Where else had that story been told a million times before. Oh, yeah. Fucking everywhere.

I looked over as he slipped out of the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked, sitting up and wrapping myself in the bedsheet to cover my naked frame.

"Get changed," was the only thing he said as he quickly grabbed his clothes off the floor.

"Are you really kicking me out of your room this fast?" Guess it was only a matter of time before his fuck boy tendencies began to shine through. Dammit. I had a feeling he was too good to be true.

He rolled his eyes and tossed my jeans in my direction. "No, we're going out."

"Out where?"

"To see the city. There's nothing like it at night, you know."

My laugh quickly died as I noticed his serious expression. "Are you being serious? Carter, it's almost three in the morning!"

Carter rummaged through his suitcase and pulled out an item of clothing. "Your point?" he asked with a cheeky smile as he walked back to the bed and handed me the hooded sweater. "You wanted to see the city, right?"

I nodded, trying my best to conceal my excitement - which I was sure I failed miserably at.

"So, let's go see it then."

"How?"

"I'd start with getting changed." He leaned forward with a playful look in his eye. "I mean if you want to go out there naked, be my guest. But, you might be a bit cold... get a bit... nippy."

Swatting his chest with the back of my hand, I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, perv." I was aware of what his teasing implied - god, he got me off one time with nipple play and suddenly that's the only thing on his mind. "I mean, are we just going to walk outside freely, or what?"

"Pretty much. Well, with Big Mike joining us."

"You're going to call him at three in the morning to say he has to walk around New York City with us?"

Carter shrugged. "I've called him about a lot worse before. He'll be fine."

"Oh, come on. Don't tell me goodie two shoes Carter Young has had some wild nights in the past! What did you do? Stay up past twelve on a school night?"

He scoffed. "Something like that, sure."

It wasn't long before we were dressed and heading out the door of his hotel room. Big Mike met us in the hallway and led us towards the service elevator. For three in the morning, the large man was in quite good spirits. I couldn't say I would be the same. Unless the money was good. And the money would have to be pretty fucking good for me to even consider getting up at this hour.