TRACK 35

Water.

I needed water. A huge glass of it. No - bigger. I wasn't sure if an ocean's amount would even quench the dryness of my mouth.

If only the room could stop spinning for one fucking minute so I could get up.

Something was missing. Or, more specifically, someone.

Her side of the bed was still perfectly made from when Rosie was last here. I could tell by the way the sheets were neatly pressed and folded - she had her own signature style. The panic began to set in as my pained head slowly pieced together the fact that TJ did not sleep here last night.

Did she leave?

I had seen this film before and the ending was a terrifying thought. Taking a quick glance around the room I noticed some of her things still on the side table and scattered on top of the dresser. It wouldn't make sense for her to not be here anymore without taking her things - I had to assume.

If she didn't sleep here, where did she go?

Water first. Then I'll go find her.

Once my feet touched the cold wooden floors and I forced my body out of the warmth of the bed, I was met with instant regret - and the desire to collapse to the ground. The bedroom swayed with every step I took and staying upright was instantly turned into a chore.

It had been a long time - a very long time - since I had felt like this. I couldn't even remember drinking last night... or where I would have been drinking. There was no alcohol in the house for me to consume.

Filling the glass beside the sink with water, I drained the contents as quickly as I could and refilled it. I was acting like I was in a competition for who could drink the most water in the shortest amount of time. Maybe I was setting a new world record. Doing such a thing while in this severe hungover state felt like quite an accomplishment.

A sad accomplishment - but an accomplishment nonetheless.

The person in the reflection was someone I hadn't seen for quite a long time. Bloodshot eyes were paired with dark circles from a lack of sleep, and I had a split swollen lip. I turned slightly to the side and lifted my shirt. Bandages were wrapped around my torso, covering whatever marks or bruises I had. I knew whatever was under there was bad considering there was a sharp pain every time I took a breath.

I splashed cold water onto my face and gripped the edge of the sink, steadying my breath. My heart was beating fast. Sweat pooled in my hands, causing my grip to slip on the porcelain.

Food - getting something to eat was next. Whether I could keep it down or not was something I would just have to suffer through and learn.

Managing to keep my body upright as I walked down the hall, sounds from the distance instantly gave me some hope. I used the wall for support as my pace quickened; I was not ready to be moving at anything but a snail speed but I pushed through. I needed to know. A large breath of relief came out in the form of a laugh as I saw her pink hair.

Standing by the stove, she moved the spatula in her hand around the pan. TJ turned her head slightly to the side, giving me a look that instantly wiped the smile off my face. She was pissed. And, unfortunately for me, I knew it had nothing to do with her hatred of the stove.

The silence was eerie. I wondered if she could hear how loud my heart was beating; it sounded like it would leap out of my chest at any moment, beating at such a rapid pace while constrained inside my body.

I cleared my throat and took a hesitant step towards her. "Where did you sleep last night?"

"Guest room."