TRACK 12 - PART 2

"Yes."

I could feel my eyes widen hearing her response. She had to be lying. Covering up to ensure no one knew about us. Well, at this point, what was us. However, the reactions by the others in the room placed doubt in my head. Weston shrugged his shoulders in response. Silas was glaring at Brandon. Everyone else seemed unfazed by the news. Hearing Patrick let out a "damn, secrets out" further solidified my doubts.

Brandon stood from his spot. "Don't worry," his words were directed to me as he passed, walking towards the table behind, "You'll get your chance soon enough," I could hear him say as he unscrewed a bottle, "Sluts always make their rounds."

"What did you say?" I spat, feeling my fist tightly clench as I rose from my spot, facing the grinning bastard.

"Sluts always make their rounds," Brandon repeated louder, gaining the attention of the entire room.

"You better watch your fucking mouth," Patrick snarled from behind.

Brandon shrugged his shoulders, pouring the liquid from the bottle into his cup. "I'm just letting my buddy here know the truth, Patty. TJ will let him at it one night, and boy," Brandon sent a wink in TJ's direction, "Is it ever worth it."

I was unable to control myself hearing Brandon continue. Without a second thought, I lunged towards him, tackling his body to the ground. One hand firmly grabbed the collar of his shirt while the other wound back with a clenched fist. I could feel the connection of my fist to his face with brute force. Blood shot out from his nose onto the floor.

"Carter, stop!" I could hear her voice scream.

I fought the urge to listen to the sound of her cry, swinging towards his face once again.

The entire moment blacked out in my mind. I had lost control over what I was allowing myself to do. I hadn't stopped until I could feel two sets of hands grab onto my arms, pulling me off Brandon's body. Blood dripped violently from his nose as he slowly sat up. Brandon wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, smearing red across his cheek.

"Are you alright?" I could hear TJ's voice ask.

I continued to stare down the face on the ground in front of me, waiting for TJ to appear at his side.

"Are you alright?" I heard her voice repeat the question. "Carter?"

I forced my head to turn to the side. Her question wasn't for him. It was for me.

I began to sink back into reality, the voices from the others in the room becoming evident to my ears. I watch as she lifted my hand, unable to feel her touch. A mix of his and my blood dripped onto the floor. Everything felt numb.

"Let me clean you up," her voice trembled.

At a loss for words, I gave her a mere nod in response. I followed her from behind, leaving the room and towards the hallway.

"Look at that. They're going to fuck already," Brandon's voice sneered.

"Shut it or you won't walk out of here breathing," Weston was quick to snap back.

TJ led me in the direction of her room, closing the door behind us. "Sit." She instructed, pointing towards her bed.

I did as I was told, watching as she disappeared into the bathroom. Her room was dimly lit, the only source of light coming from the bathroom and the lamp on her nightstand. The glow provided a view of her room, not that there was much to see. The bed was pressed against the wall, facing the door to the bathroom. The wall on the left had a closet, while the wall on the right had a large window. I glanced towards the nightstand, noticing the photos taped onto the wall. The photos only had TJ with her brothers and no one else. One appeared to be missing due to the mark that was left. I wondered if the picture had included the person who was currently on the floor of the living room with a face covered in blood.