TRACK 4

"This will only take me a few minutes," TJ said as we entered the bar she worked at. Over the past few days, this location had become increasingly familiar to me.

TJ grabbed hold of my arm, leading me through the scarce crowd. A short girl ran up with wide eyes and a face full of panic.

"Thank god you're here! I don't know what I did wrong and the computer won't work and-"

"It's fine," TJ cut her off, "Take a deep breath. It's an easy fix."

I followed them behind the bar, surprised by how comforting TJ was being with the girl.

"Pour us a drink," TJ said to me. "I'll be back in a second."

As she disappeared behind a door with a sign that read 'Employees Only', I began to find my way around. Thankfully, the bar was quiet and I didn't have to worry about actually serving someone. I grabbed two shot glasses and filled thank with vodka. At least my past training as a server in my teen years was coming back to help.

"Perfect," TJ said, appearing back at my side.

"Done already?"

She nodded, "Just needed to reset the computer. But it's fine, she's new and now we get free booze." She picked up one of the glasses, "Here is to a night you can hopefully write a song about."

The shrill ringing of my cellphone forced my body to wake from its drunken stupor. Heavily eyelids slowly lifting, my arm reached out to the coffee table, aimlessly searching until the shrieking device was found.

"Hello?" My voice grumbled into my phone.

"Carter, you are finally awake," Jeff's recognizable voice spoke on the other end, "Only took eleven tries to get you to answer your phone."

I rubbed my eyes, letting a loud yawn escape, "To what do I owe this pleasure so early in the morning?"

"Well, sunshine, most people wake up before ten on a weekday. Have you seen what's all over the news this morning?"

"Jeff, I haven't even taken a piss yet this morning," I forced my body to sit up on the couch in an attempt to not pass out while on the phone, "So no, I haven't seen any bullshit gossip."

"Oh, but this isn't bullshit gossip this time." Jeff cleared his throat. "At least the photo isn't."

My eyes suddenly went wide, "Photo?" I repeated, frantically searching for the television remote. Clicking the power button, my finger rapidly pressed the channel button.

"Welcome back to Star News TV," the announcer's voice filled my living room, "Carter Young has finally been spotted for the first time in months since leaving 5KINGS. Young was seen out last night at a bar in Hollywood and appeared to have company with him the entire night. Sources tell us that Young and his mystery female friend spent the entire night together, reportedly all over each other. This has led many fans to speculate the female friend could be the reason why Young has not been seen for quite some time."

"Oh fuck." I whispered, seeing the image that appeared on the screen.

"I need to go for a smoke," I told her over the loud music.

TJ nodded her head and took my hand. I followed behind her, doing my best to walk in a straight line. After the sixth round, I had begun seeing double and dismissed any further attempt of tracking how many drinks I was having. The fact she was still standing was impressive.

Within what felt like seconds, I was standing outside in the dimly lit alleyway. The fresh night air did wonders for helping the world around me to stop spinning. Aimlessly fumbling through my pockets, I heard what sounded like a giggle.