TRACK 37 - PART 2

The lights slowly turned back on as the film came to an end.

TJ lifted her head off my shoulder. "I love that movie," she said, leaning forward to give me a quick kiss. "Thank you."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"Enjoyed it?" she repeated. "Carter... this is the best birthday gift someone has given me."

"Really?"

She nodded. "I made a throw away comment about wanting something normal like going to the movies and here we are. And, I told you this was my favourite movie months ago and you still remembered. You listen - even when I don't expect you to. And then you do thoughtful shit like this, and I..."

There was something in the look she had which led me to believe that when I told her I loved her later tonight, she was going to say it back.

I raised a hand to her cheek and my thumb gently grazed across her skin. Our noses brushed as I drew her towards me. Capturing her lips in a kiss, I felt her hand go to the nape of my neck. Her fingers tangled in the short strands of my hair as she deepened the kiss, parting her lips slightly to allow my tongue to slip through. We were acting like two loved-up teenagers making out at the theatres - except nothing about what we were doing was discrete. Especially not the muffled moaning noises that were escaping from her in between each kiss. TJ pulled back, resting her forehead against mine as we both caught our breaths.

"Where's the second part of tonight taking place?"

"My house."

A playful smirk crossed her lips as her hand squeezed the inside of my thigh. "Thank god," she whispered. "Since it's my birthday and that gives me the power to make the rules, I'd tell you to fuck me right now... but I'd rather safe us both the hassle of dealing with some porno scandal in the morning."

I laughed, shaking my head at her absurd comment. "How kind of you."

"I know, right? I'm very generous."

TJ let out a shiver and rubbed her hands up and down her arms. I reached for my jacket, putting it over her shoulders.

"Thanks," she said, slipping her arms into the sleeves, allowing the oversized jacket to hang on her small frame. "Why do they make these places so cold?"

"If only I could click my heels three times and get us home faster."

TJ stood from her spot and straightened her dress. "I'd pay money to see you dress up as Dorothy for Halloween."

"Would that make you my Toto?"

"I think that's just your way of getting me on my hands and knees all night long," she said as we exited the theatre. I was thankful there was no one around except the security - otherwise, I was sure someone would have heard her comment. "Is that how you want me to be tonight?"

"Do you ever use a filter in your head before you speak?"

"No, and I know you like it so don't try and act like a good boy all of a sudden." TJ grinned proudly as we entered the elevator, knowing she had caught me - I did like it. In fact, I loved that she was unapologetically herself. "But tonight I want you to..." She leaned forward, pressing her lips to my ear as she whispered all the sinful things she wanted me to do to her once we got home. "Think you're up for that, baby?"

My hand was pressed against the elevator wall, using it as support to keep myself upright. As her words continued to echo in my head, I was worried my knees might give out and I'd collapse. "Yeah..." I cleared my throat. "Yeah, I'm up for that."