TRACK 2

Glows of red and blue illuminated the dingy basement, the sound of music vibrated the walls, as what seemed like an endless amount of bodies moved their way around the small space. With each step, I felt my shoes become stickier from whatever liquid covered the floor, as I trailed behind the group. It was clear to see, even with just one quick scan of the room, that no one here came with intentions of good and wholesome fun.

"I say we start off the right way. Shots?" Silas asked, running a hand through his blonde hair.

The three guys of the band, Silas, Patrick, and Weston, introduced themselves to me during the walkover after I had separated from Ryan, due to a dark-haired female catching his eye. I didn't pay much mind to it since the boys were welcoming and seemed to promise a good time.

Silas grabbed a large bottle of alcohol, filled four plastic cups, and handed one out to each of us. I brought the cup to my lips and swiftly tipped it back, allowing the harsh liquid to run down the back of my throat as quickly as it could.

Tilting my head back down, I looked in disbelief at the pink-haired girl that stood in front of me, staring at me with her big green eyes. I rapidly blinked, wanting to ensure the massive intake of alcohol I had consumed was not creating a false image of her in front of me.

"Carter, right?" Hearing her voice, I realized my imagination was not playing a trick on my mind. I nodded as Silas handed her a drink. She sipped it slowly, her eyes fixated on mine. "Why do you look so familiar?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I reached for the bottle, refilling my empty cup. "Not sure," I mumbled.

The answer I gave did not seem to please her, as she took a step forward, narrowing her eyes as they scanned my face, "How do you know Brandon?"

"I don't."

"Are you – "

"Come on, Teej," Silas interrupted, slinging his arm over her shoulder, "Don't scare him off with all your questions."

TJ rolled her eyes, "Whatever," she drained the remaining liquid in her cup and placed it on the counter. "I'll be back."

Pulling Silas's arm from her shoulders, TJ turned and walked off. My eyes watched her until she disappeared into the crowd, far enough into the sea of people, till I was unable to spot her pink hair.

"No offence," Silas spoke in a low tone, looking over in my direction, "I think she'll be kinder to you if she doesn't know who you are."

I opened my mouth to speak but found myself at a loss of words, because truthfully at that moment, I wanted nothing more than to just forget who I even was tonight.

Patrick took a swing straight from the bottle, "Where is she going?"

"Where do you think?" Silas grumbled in response.

"Seriously?" Patrick groaned, smacking his hand against his forehead, "She's back with him? After what, a week?"

"When have they ever broken up for more than a week?" Silas shrugged, "Besides, you know why she keeps him around."

While the two exchange words, I realized the third bandmate, Weston, had yet to add anything to the conversation. Instead, he stood in between Patrick and Silas, a cold look washing over his face as the others spoke.

"You guys are great," I said after a brief moment had silenced the group, "Do you write all your music yourselves?"

Patrick nodded, "TJ normally writes all the lyrics. For a while, we were only allowed to suggest stuff after Silas tried writing a song about fries."