TRACK 47 - PART 2

You're spending Christmas with us!

TJ raised a brow. "Are you sure about that?"

Rory nodded her head.

"But, how am I supposed to come for Christmas when I don't know what you want?"

Rory's eyes widened. "I'll go get my list!" She got out of her chair and scurried out of the room.

"So..." TJ turned her attention towards me. "Did she just outsmart you?"

"Uh, yeah. Kinda," I said, tapping my fingers against the table. "I was going to ask if you wanted to come but I just thought I'd wait a day or two until everything settled a bit."

"Does your mom know?"

"She told Aidan this morning that she wanted me to ask you. You don't have to say anything right now. I understand if you want to think about it, or-"

"I'd love to come."

"You would?"

TJ picked up her empty bowl and walked to the sink. "Of course. I mean, aside from the fact that I love Seattle and spending time with your family, who else would I spend the holidays with?" Stepping in front of the calendar that was taped on the wall, she looked over her shoulder and asked, "When were you flying out?"

"The twenty-second. And then I have a show the next night, which they're going to come and watch."

TJ picked up a pen, wrote something down and circled the date. Getting up from my spot, I walked over to where she was and stood behind her. Leaning over her shoulder, I read her note "travel day!" with a doodle of an airplane beside it.

Taking the pen, I added something to the date of the twenty-fifth.

"TJ and Carter's first Christmas," she read out loud.

Placing two fingers under her chin, I turned her head to the side. "I wouldn't want it any other way," I said, capturing her lips in a kiss.

"Ewww!" A little voice squealed from behind.

"Oh god," TJ said, looking at Rory. "How many pages is that list?"

She looked down at the stack in her hand. "Um... ten?"

"This is going to be one expensive Christmas."

16 DAYS UNTIL SEATTLE

"I can't do this!"

"Baby, listen to me-"

"No!" she yelled. "You listen to me. I. Can't. Do. This."

"TJ?"

"What!"

"Breathe. In through your nose... out through your mouth. Come on now."

She closed her eyes and followed my instruction, taking a deep breath in, and releasing with a dramatic huff.

"Better?"

She nodded. "Better. Sorry."

"It's okay. How about we try it once and if you want to stop, we will. Does that sound okay?"

"Yeah, sure," TJ tapped her fingers against the wheel. "Let's just get this over with."

I placed my hand on hers. "Is your foot on the brake?"

"Yes."

"Okay, let's move into drive," I guided her hand on the gear shift. "And when you're ready, ease your foot off the brake and onto the gas."