Chapter 47: New Chapter

Eddie's POV: 

"Eddie Bear wake up." 

I feel a tug at my arm and took over to see Richie standing over me. I move my arm over my eyes and groan before saying,

"Shut up I'm still tired."

"Ed's we have to go." he says tugging on me again. 

"Where are we going?"

"I'll tell you after let's go." he says before lifting me up off the bed.

"Let me down!" I say groaning loudly. 

He gently sets me on the bed and stares at me. 

"Where are we going?" I ask again. 

"I don't know." he says sighing. "I packed clothes though, look."

He picks up a suitcase and opens it revealing clothes folded perfectly and tightly pakced.

"I folded it how you like it... I have three toothbrushes because I know your picky." he says excitedly rubbing my arm as he shows me. "I have your inhaler. -oh and all the fucking ointment your little mind can imagine, so let's just go."

"Richie what the fuck are you talking about?" I ask confused. "Why are we going?"

"Eddie please just trust me."

"I can't I have no idea what's going o-"

"NOTHINGS GOING ON." he yells startling me making me pull my arm back. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell. But nothings going on I promise. I just wanna go, let's just get away from everyone for a bit."

"We can't just leave."

"Why not?" he asks pulling me close to him. "Pleaseee Eddie, I promise I won't ever ask anything from you ever again. Let's just go the fuck away."

I stare up at him thinking, trying to find out what's going on in his head but all I could see is that he's stressed.

"Fine but pack another toothbrush." I say as he instantly throws his arms around me and roughly kiss me all over my face. 

"Thank you, Eddie bear." he says holding me tight. He excitedly  continues to show me everything he packed for us as I shower and get ready. Once we're both all dressed we carry a few bags to the car. 

"Where should we go?" 

"I don't know just where ever we feel like." Richie says as he opens the door to the car. 

We load the bags in and go back downstairs to make sure we aren't forget anything. I look around the room searching long and hard but can't seem to find anything we need.  Richie pulls his phone out his pocket and throws it on his bed. 

"You're not taking your phone?" I asked surprised.

"We can't they'll find us that way."

"Can I just let Noah know?"

"Ed's." he groans.

"Please I won't tell him anything, just that we're okay." I ask begging. 

"...Okay."

I quickly type my message and throw my phone next to his. We walk up the stairs together closing the doors behind us. I take a quick look at the house before going into the car, I watch Richie as he turns the key, his hands shaking. I cup both my hands around his right hand and lay my head on his shoulder. 

"Just a wait a sec Richie. I don't mind." I whisper as I rub his knuckles gently with my fingertips and the middle of his palm with my thumb. I listen as he takes a few deep breaths and then sits up. 

"I'm ready." he says before switching gears but I grab his hand again stopping him. "Are you ready?" he asks looking concerned.

"Just give me a sec." I say closing my eyes. 

"We don't have to do this Eddie bear. If you can't we don't have t-"

"I can, I promise. I just need a second." I open my eyes and reach behind me for the bag with my inhaler. I pull it out the side pocket and take a deep breath will pumping the medicine down my throat. "I'm ready."

Richie holds my hand tightly and pulls out the driveway. I turn over and stare at his precious smile. He leans forward and gently lays a kiss on my forehead. I look up and see him slide his glasses up his nose before reassuring me saying, 

"We're gonna be okay Ed's."

"I know."

He pulls out the driveway and we glide down his street.

I watch as we pass by houses and shops, memories flooding my mind, I think back to when me and Richie first started dating. How I rode the back of his bike and laid on his back watching the houses we past like I am now. We past Bev's house, and I think of all the sleepovers we've had there. All the late nights making jokes, I think of how Richie's changed. It seemed like he used to be so much happier or at least pretended to be. It feels like it's been years since I heard Richie tell a dirty joke, or even just a regular joke. We pass by so many places that look so meaningless and empty but in my head they feel so full with memories. It finally hits me that this could really be the last time I'm in Derry. My body feels a burst of joy but almost sadness. As much as I hate this place and the terrible people in it, it's the only place I've been able to call home. My whole life lies in Derry, Maine. I quickly jerk my head backwards to see if we passed the state border sign. 

"Did we just leave Derry?" 

"Yeah, Eddie bear. Feels great doesn't it?"

"Yeah." I say lying.

I know that for Richie this is just the beginning of his life and he's going to do sooo much out in the world but for me it just feels like a small detour. A new chapter that'll only take me back to my home in the end. I can't explain why but that's the only way I can let myself leave. Something inside me tells me that this I'll be at Derry again, but I know this is the last time I'll leave Derry.