Chapter 4: The Shower

Trigger Warning: Homophobic Slur
It's not as bad as the last one was, it's just one word, one time but still.

Eddie's POV

I heard the bathroom door open and I started to panic. I tried to get up but my bruise stopped me. I kept pushing until I finally got up. I heard the door close and a voice followed.
"Ed's? Are you here?"
My heart calmed down and I felt myself get excited realizing it was Richie.
"Yeah it's me. How did you get here?"
"Your big momma let me in"
I tried not to laugh but I did anyways. I couldn't help but keep smiling.

"What happened with the library?" he said.
My smile went away the second I remembered he was with Gretta.
"I didn't feel good."
"Are you better now?"
"Yeah."
We kept talking for another five minutes as I was taking my bandages off and cleaning my body. I turned the water off and got ready to get out, but I remembered Richie was there.
"Could you pass me a towel" I said with water dripping down my face.
"Yeah hold up."

I heard the cabinet squeaking as he pulled it open and it squeaked again as he closed it.
I saw his shadow walking up to the curtain. I saw his hand pop in with a towel and his other hand pulling the curtain slightly to my left. I reached for the towel and saw his face peaking in looking down at the floor of the tub, but he instantly turned his head after I came in view. I grabbed the towel and dried my hair and chest first. I wrapped the towel around my ribs and used the ends to dry my lower body.

"So who was that girl?" I ask looking down at my feet.
"Umm...she's just a friend."
"It was Gretta, right?"
"Yeah, but she changed, I swear."
"Okay" I said sighing as I walked out the shower. I looked at Richie who was looking down, he looked up with a smile but it faded instantly.

"Ed's!"
"What?" I said confused.
"Oh my fuck, your face!"
His face looked terrified. He stared at my face then into my eyes waiting for me to answer his question.
"I fell on the way back from the library." I said looking away from his face. I heard him sigh as he got up and looked around.
"Where's your First Aid Kit?"
"In the closet with the mirror."
He opened the door and looked around the floor then looked up and saw it hanging.
He picked it up and turned over to me. He scanned my covered naked body and noticed my knee. He got on his knees and placed the box on the floor. He looked through it and found alcohol swabs. He brought his face back up and he immediately started blushing.
"Close your legs."
I instantly started blushing too.
"Oh, sorry"
He started giggling and smirked, saying,"Faggot"

I tried not to look at him because my eyes were beginning to fill to the brim with tears. I tried to get up but he held my knee down.
"What?"
"I'm gonna get dressed."
He grabbed my hand but I pulled it away. I felt tears running down my face. I scooped up my folded clothes and rushed off to my room.

I walked in and slammed the door behind me. I tried to keep my tears in but it barely worked. I wiped them off and started to get dressed. Once I was fully dressed I went looking for my fanny pack since my inhaler was inside, but I remembered it was with my dirty clothes. I opened the door and saw Richie there. He had his head in his hands, I sighed and walked over to him. He must've heard me walking because he instantly picked his head up and acted like nothing had happened.

"You ready?"
"Yeah, we can do it in my room."
"Okay."
I got up and I sat on the bed and laid the blanket out for him to sit on. He slid over with the First Aid Kit and placed it to his left. He started leaning in toward me looking at my cuts. He leaned back and reached in the box for more alcohol swabs. He leaned in again and started wiping my face. We stayed quiet, he kept getting closer every time he would get a different swab. It got to the point where I could feel his breath on my face.
"I'm sorry." he said, almost whispering.
"It's okay."
He reached over for another swab with his left hand and with his right hand he reached for mine.

When he came in again to wipe my face he looked straight into my eyes, everything was moving slowly. At first I stayed still but then I moved in towards his face. I felt his warm breath on my cheek, I slowly moved in even closer and soon enough, our lips met. I moved along with him as he slowly started shifting along my mouth. I felt his lips come off for a second then instantly connecting again. I felt his hand slid up behind me on my back. His other hand was on my knee and he slowly started going up but stopped about halfway up my thigh. We were locked to each other and for those 2 minutes everything felt so perfect and I knew that I loved Richie. I knew nothing would be able to change that. All the world might not understand our love but we do, and now that's all that was on my mind.

Every chapter has ended with someone crying or something sad happening so I wanted this happily ever after ending for this one chapter.