Chapter 46: Late Night Thoughts

Richie's POV:

I help Eddie as he stumbles out the car and lead him to my front door. I hold him with one arm and with the other pull my keys out my pocket and unlock the door. I help him in and we quietly go downstairs trying to let my mom sleep. Once we finally get to my room I lay him on my bed and he groans and curls into a ball.

"See this is what you get for drinking." I say getting him a water bottle out of my mini fridge.

I see Eddie roll his eyes before I put it next to his head and lay next to him. I wrap my arms around him and whisper to him,

"I'm sorry."

"I know." he mumbles. "I am too."

"For what? You were right."

"But I shouldn't have acted like that." he says still mumbling. "It wasn't fair to you."

"I guess... but I'm gonna keep my promise Eddie, and I really mean it this time."

"What promise?" Eddie mumbles with his face pressing against a pillow.

"The promise we made last night... on the phone call?" I say trying to help him remember.

Eddie quickly turns around and faces me,

"Wait, I called you last night?" Eddie asks scared.

"Yeahh... wait you don't remember?"

"No, not at all."

"Damn, I guess you were really drunk then."

He doesn't say anything for a couple of seconds till he starts groaning.

"I don't feel so good." Eddie says holding his hands against his stomach.

I watch as Eddie gets up and runs to the bathroom stumbling on his way, I quickly run after him and find him leaning over the toilet vomiting. I kneel down behind him and pat his back as he vomits, he tries to stand up but just ends up getting vomit on his shirt and all over my right arm.

"Just stay down." I say holding him against me.

After a couple more minutes of vomiting he finally stops and start cleaning up his face.

"Let's take off this shirt." I say yanking on the neck.

I help him pull it over his head and threw it on top of my pile of filthy clothes on the corner. I look at his chest and see it's wet from his vomit, I put the toilet cover down and sit him on it while I warm up the bath tub for him.

"Why'd you do it Eddie?"

"Do what?"

"Drink? You don't like that shit like, why? I get that you were mad but why'd you go fucking crazy on it."

"Cause it better than thinking about you. You really hurt me and I didn't want to think about you at all. Anything was better than thinking about you."

That's not the answer I was excepting.

"... I'm sorry. I really mean it Eddie."

"I know, I know so just please stop talking about it. I don't want to think about it, okay? I just really want to be with you and enjoy the rest of the day. I just wanna be happy with you right so, please stop apologizing." he says putting out his hand for me to hold.

I sit next to him and grip his hand. 

"Okay."  I look over at Eddie and see him shivering.

"Come on get in the tub you're all cold." I say getting up and tugging him towards the tub.