Chapter 39: New Years

Richie's POV:

The next morning the all the Losers except Bev and Eddie show at my house early for my the party and we all sit in a circle and talk about Riverdale until I hear the doorbell ring and I hop off and go running to the door hoping its Eddie but when I reach the door I see it's just Bev. I open the door as she swings a bottle in front of my face with a huge smile. 

"What is that?" I ask scared for her answer.

"Vodka." she says welcoming herself into the house.

"Bev my parents are here." I say worried blocking the view from the kitchen.

"Okay I'll put in my bag." she says stuffing it in her back pack. 

She walks ahead of me into the living room where all the Losers are. She sits herself down then pulls out the bottle and hands it to Stan secretively. 

"Stop being so sketchy." I say as Stan passes me the bottle. I stretch my arm out and give it back to Bev.

"Stop being a pussy." she says shoving it back in my hand. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Drink some." she says loud and I feel all the Losers eyes on me.

"I can't Eddie doesn't want me drinking." I say passing it back.

"It'll just be this one time." she says pushing it back again. "You're being so bitchy, just like Eddie." she says with instant regret

"What the fuck?"

"Sorry I didn't mean it." 

"It's true though." Stan says nodding. 

"Stan!" Bill says scolding him.

I uncap the bottle and chug almost half of it trying not to cough it out.

"There's the old Richie." Stan says chuckling and Bill gives him the side eye. 

The door bell rings again and once again I run over to the door and peek out the glass and see Eddie's adorable face. I swing the door open throw my arms around him kissing him on the lips putting my tongue under his. I pick him up and he hangs with his around around my neck. After about 10 seconds he pulls away gagging (A/N not that way you kinky hoes).  

"What did you have your breathe tastes terrible."

"I just drank a little." I say not trying to make eye contact.

"Okay." he says grabbing my hand and pulls me into the house.

"Wait what do you mean okay? I can drink again?" 

"I mean I just didn't like it when you were drunk everyday. You were like addicted. But if you can control yourself you could drink again."

"YAYYY!!" I say hugging him. "Come on let's go."

I drag him into the living room and sit him on my lap and kiss the back of his head. After a couple hours of all of us sitting around talking and joking Bev passes the Vodka again and this time I chug it finishing the rest. Eddie looks at me shook then says, 

"Richie don't finish it all."

"It's okay I have more." she says pulling out her bag from behind her. 

"ooooo pass it to me." I say reaching for her bag.

"Richie you had enough for now." Eddie says pulling my arm back to him.

"Can I have more later then?"

"Let's just wait." he says kissing my cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eddie's POV:

Time: 11:49 P.M.

"Eddie bear can I have just a little more?" he says leaning on me slowly kissing me trying to trick me into saying yes.

"Richie you've already had 2 whole bottles.

"I know but I'm still thirsty." 

"Then drink water!" I say annoyed.

"Finneeeee." he moans.

Just let him enjoy the day. I keep telling myself knowing this is the last time I'll ever let him drink.

All the Losers and Tris are sitting across the Christmas tree talking while I serve myself a cup of soda. I sit down next to Tris and he wraps one arm around me, seconds later Richie comes in and sits on my other side and puts his hand on my thigh. He kisses me on my cheek and I blush and lean on him. But then he tries to kiss me on my lips with his vodka breath but I pull away and say, 

"Brush your teeth first."

He sighs then says,

"Can you come with me then?"

"Yeah let's go." I say getting up and offering him my hand to get up. 

He takes it and I try to pull him up but I'm too weak so he gets up himself. I release his hand but he still holds mine. We walk down to the basement and he stumbles over air but I stop him from falling. As we get to the bathroom door he starts gagging he lets go off my hand and runs into the bathroom, gets on the floor, and immediately starts vomiting. I rush over to hold his head as he continues to vomit out grey. I pull his hair back and rub his shoulders.

"I'm never drinking again." he says before vomiting again.

"You say that every New Years Richie." I say chuckling.

He laughs then coughs whiling picking his head up. I wipe his mouth for him then quickly dash to the sink to wash the vomit off of my hand. 

"Thanks Ed's" Richie says in a soft voice.

  I stop scrubbing my hands for a second and process what he said.   

"For what?"

"Being here for me every year when I get wasted... whether I break down crying or vomit uncontrollably... and that one time I did both." he says chuckling. "But yeah, thanks for being here with me."

"No problem." I say starting to scrub my hands again.

He brushes his teeth but doesn't kiss me right after like he normally does but we walk back up together in perfect time for the countdown. Everyone gathers around in a circle as we scream...

"5!...4!...3!...2!...1!!!"

I feel Richie grab my shoulder and turn me facing to him and press his soft lips against mine and I feel my body melt into him...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~