Chapter 14: Back Home

Eddie's POV

"E-Eddie???" he says staring back at me with teary eyes. He wipes his face and says,
"You have to leave... now." he turns away from me and puts his bags back in the car and gets in.
"But... I came for you, I came back home."
He turns his car on while saying,
"This isn't your home Eddie, it's never been your home!"
He drives away almost running me over.
"FUCK YOU TOO DAD!!" I yell at him as he pulls out the driveway.
Pissed I look around and see a rock, I pick it and throw it at his house breaking a glass window. I clean my hands off on my cache shorts. I sit down on the warm pavement and I lean forward and rest my head in my lap. Rain starts pouring down on me. I start to cry because I don't know what to do. I take my phone out and open Richie's contact, I slowly press the call button, it rings for less than 3 seconds before he picks up.
"Eddie?!"
"Yeah it's me..." I hear him crying on the phone and with I shaky voice I say,
"I'm coming home." and I instantly start sobbing.

Richie's POV

I don't know what to think right now, I know I still love him, but he left me. I can't just forget that. The whole entire hour drive all I think about is what I would say when I see him. Part of me wants to just yell at him but the good side wants to hold him close to me and not ever let go. I slow down as I pull up to what looks like the train station but I don't see Eddie. I drive around the train station for an other minute still finding no one. I feel more tears starting to drip down my face as I realize he's not here. I wipe my face still having hope and I pick up my phone to call him, it rings three times until I see a figure getting up from the bench out of the corner of my eye. I look up and see the figure reaching into a bag, I hang up my phone and I slowly open the car door and get up. The rain starts to soak into my clothes as I slowly walk closer to Eddie until we're just 4 feet apart and I could see his face with wet tears and marks from old dry tears.

We stand just staring at each other in silence.
"Richie... I'm sorry." I hear his shaky little voice saying.
I slowly step towards him not knowing what to even to do,
"Eddie... I-" I don't even finish my sentence til I quickly step over to him and just hug him.
At first he has no response but then I feel him left his breathe go and just cry into my shoulder. We stand for almost 2 minutes soaking wet in the rain until it gets to the point where even my dick is soaking wet. (A/N not that way smh... at least not yet😏)
"Eddie lets get in the car." I say with a happy voice that doesn't last long.
He nods as we break away from the hug and slowly walk to the car. We get in the car and I pick the key wanting to start the car and just drive away but I know we have to talk. There's an awkward silence starts to torture me til I speak up...
"Eddie?" I say trying not to look at him in the eyes.
"Yea?"
"Do you still love me?" I say trying not to cry.
I hope I hear I want to but at this point I don't know what to expect.
"Yes, Richie of course. I love you, so, so, muc-"
"Then why did you leave me?!" I say now crying.
I hear him sniffling and he says,
"I was just trying to protect you Richie."
"Well you just hurt me Eddie."
"I know and I'm so sorry, I didn't ever mean to hurt you... I thought I was keeping you safe. I just thought we would both be better if I was gone but... I was wrong."
I stop trying to hold back my tears and just let myself cry more.
"I missed you so much Eddie, I was worried about you. I thought you left me forever... I thought you didn't love me."
I hear him crying and sniffling.
"I'm so sorry I did this to you and I hope we can still love each other."
I wipe my eyes, nose, and clear my throat before I say,
"It'll take time..."
"I'll wait forever for you."

The car goes silent, but this time it's not depressing or awkward, it's almost comforting because there's just nothing else to be said anymore and everything that we were holding inside was out now.

Eddie's POV

Once we are just 10 minutes away from Derry I pick my head up off Richie's shoulder and ask him,
"Are we going to your house?"
"No, all the Losers are at Bev's house waiting for us."
"Wait, what?"
"I told them you called me and that you were coming. They all couldn't wait to see you."
"Oh, okay."
The rest of the car ride I process everything Richie said, our conversation went a little better than I had expected because we were both honest about how we felt, but I still felt like something was missing. It might be that I haven't spoken to Bev since the call but I was sure what it yet was.

                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk up to the doorstep together holding hands. He continues walking to the door but I stand still and he doesn't notice until I tug his arm. He looks down at me with sincere eyes and asks,
"What's wrong?"
"I don't think I'm ready for them."
"It's now or never Eddie... we have to do this before it's too late for them to forgive you."
"You're right." I say as I squeeze his hand.
I slowly walk up to the door and I hear him knocking. We wait for seconds, but it feels like eternity, I finally hear footsteps approaching the door. I watch as the door opens with Bev behind it with a smile as she looks at me and Richie saying,
"Hey guys." I see her eyes tearing a bit as she opens the door while staring at me almost like she can't believe I'm really here. I see her lean in for a hug as she says,
"I missed you Eddie."
She leads us into the living room full of the Losers all of them so happy to see me which is surprising. They all individually hug me and tell me they missed me.
"You guys should probably change into some dry clothes." Bev says still smiling.
"I'm good Ed's you should probably change into the clothes in your bag though."
I nod and go to Bev's room to change to clothes.

I close the door behind me and lock it. I change my clothes and hear them all talking in the other room. I finish changing and hold the wet clothes in my arms. I walk back into the room and Richie turns over to me saying,
"Let me get your clothes." he reaches for my wet clothes, but I pull away at first.
I try to whisper while saying,
"My underwear's in there." I feel my face start to blush as he giggles.
"Don't worry I won't hang it." he takes the clothes out of my hand and goes into an other room I haven't seen yet. I go sit down next to Stan on the couch my and Richie always sleep in. The Losers are all still talking except for Stan who keeps trying to secretly look and me and keeps turning away making it obvious. After a while Richie walks back into the room and sits next to me. He wraps his arm around me and I snuggle up in his arm and up against his chest and shoulder.

"Are you guys cold?" Bev asks concerned.
"No I'm good." I say lying.
"Are you sure? I feel you shivering." Richie says looking down at me.
"I'll go make you some tea." Bev insists.
Bev walks away and into the kitchen and Richie pulls me closer to him and I push myself onto him.
"So Eddie, how were you liking the runaway life?" Stan asks a little too soon but I answer anyways.
"It was lonely, and really depressing. It probably could've been fun if I had you guys with me." I say smiling.
We all start talking about my experience until Bev walks into the room with my tea and hands it over to me.
Me and Richie take sips of the hot tea little by little, and as that night goes away I realize, to be home you don't have to be with family, all it takes is people who love and care for you are always there for you... no matter how hard you fuck up.