Chapter 8: Richie's Secret

Eddie's POV

I got home to find out my mom wasn't there. I went to my room and I keep thinking about Richie and what he could be hiding from me. I pick my phone and text Stan after sitting on my bed.

Eddie: hey can we talk?

Stan the Man: yeah watsup?

Eddie: ik i shouldn't had been ease-dropping but what was Bev talking about?

Stan the Man: wym?

Eddie: about me not going to be able to live Richie after i find something out

Stan the Man: oh

Eddie: so what's that about?

Stan the Man: look i really want to
tell you but I can't i've promised

Eddie: i get it thanks for being loyal to richie i'll see you soon i guess
Read

I sigh and put my phone down. I realized my breath still smelled like weed. I go into my bathroom and brush my teeth I get clothes ready to take a shower just to be sure I don't smell like weed when my mom gets home. I take a shower and dry myself, after I am dressed I check my phone and see Richie texted me. I open my phone and read his text.

Richie❤️🤦🏽‍♂️: hey stan said you wanted to talk

Eddie: it could wait don't worry

Richie❤️🤦🏽‍♂️: i have time now

Eddie: ok wait it's gonna
take a minute to type
Eddie: i know i shouldn't have been ease-dropping on Bev and Stan when they were talking to you but they were saying that i wouldn't love you after you told me something. i don't want to be nosy but can we please talk about what that secret is??
Read

I put my phone down so he can have time to answer and I go downstairs to eat. I open my old fridge and look in but don't find anything. I look in the pantry then in the fridge again but then just throw myself on my moms chair.
I get up to go get my phone to see if Richie has answered, and I see he did.

Richie❤️🤦🏽‍♂️: can we please talk about this at school on monday??

Eddie: sure richie ❤️

Richie❤️🤦🏽‍♂️: k thx

Eddie: i know i've told you this
but i love you

Richie❤️🤦🏽‍♂️: i love you too eddie

I know he's going through something right now but I panic, he always calls me Ed's. No matter what's happening he calls me Ed's, Eddie bear, or some kind of nick name but he just called me "eddie". I keep reading the message over and over as I walk around the kitchen until I notice I've been pacing back and forth. I go to sit on my moms chair but then I hear the door opening. I panic and think about what excuse I would use this time.

I see my mom coming through the door and she looks me straight in the eye saying,
"I told you to be home by 8."
"I know but I fell asleep at their house and I didn't want to leave them asleep."
"Next time just listen to me cause I won't be as nice as I am right now." she puts down grocery bags on the table and sits on her chair.
I start to put the groceries away and once I finish run upstairs.

Richie's POV
Time Jump: Monday

I wake up and already start to worry. Today I had to tell Eddie about my secret. 'What if he thinks I'm crazy?', I keep asking myself. I just wish there was a way to get out of this, but I know if I did the truth will come out eventually and it'll hurt him more once we've gotten to trust each other more.

I get dressed and go downstairs. I speed around my house gathering my things and run out the door. I hop onto my bike and ride over to the school. When I get there school still hasn't started and won't for another half hour.
I get out my phone and text Eddie...

Richie: hey eds you at school yet?

Eddie Bear❤️🍆: no almost tho, why???

Richie: i wanted to talk to you,
meet at the auditorium?

Eddie Bear❤️🍆: anything for you ❤️

I put my phone back in my butt pocket and lock up my bike. I walk towards the school getting pushed by crowds of students walking in and out. I squeeze my way through the doors and go to the auditorium and sit on the long row of blue seats. I feel my phone vibrate and lean over to the left and take my phone out from my right.

Eddie Bear❤️🍆: i just want you to know you don't have to tell me the secret

                       Richie: i know, i want to though

Eddie Bear❤️🍆: ok just know i love you no matter what happens today or what you say

I leave him on open and put my phone back while sighing. I know he has the right intentions, but I know he wouldn't be able to own up to it. I wait for what seems like forever, and I finally see him. He walks over to me with a smile, but I saw right through it. The life behind his eyes was dead and the thought that I caused that kills me even more.

"Hey Richie." he said as he slide into the seat next to me. At first we just sat in awkward silence but then I finally leaned over to his right shoulder and he reached for my hand and I realized I was shaking. Using both his hands he held my hand still and kissed the top of my head.

I started sobbing into his chest and we sit there together. I finally manage to say,
"I killed my sister." I say still sobbing and shaking. He holds me closer to him but I feel him grow cold and he doesn't move or say anything and the silence stays with us the entire day until the day ends and we leave going in opposite directions without saying a single word.

I know this is short but don't worry next chapter will be better. Also just pretend I posted this on Saturday.