51

————————Kaduna, Nigeria.

———————————Marafa Estate, 11:30pm.

It started raining when we left Grandma Humairah's place by 11:00pm. The cool breeze the rain brought was so nice and refreshing. I prayed Salatul Maghrib and Isha in her place and she served I and Khalifa Pounded Yam and Egusi soup with different kinds of assorted meat.

It was more than delicious.

Their meals were probably going to make me gain more weight.

We talked about my situation with Khalid and she also advised me to talk to him as soon as possible and resolve all unsettled matters I had with him.

Deep down, honestly I was scared of meeting Khalid again. I didn't want my heart to ache again when I had found peace and moved on already. I was happy and satisfied with those I had in my life now, I didn't want any more drama or anything chaotic.

We headed back home when Miriam called to tell me that Raihanna was already at our place and her other cousins and friends had left. Thank Goodness. " So tomorrow's your last day before you leave" Khalifa said as I played with Najmah as she sat on my thighs. " it is, I would like to come back you know, I'll miss this place and the food" I said with a smile. " You'll come back eventually" he answered and smiled at me.

" Khalifa, I'm scared" I said as I sighed out loud. " what're you scared of?" He answered as I watched his smile turn to a frown.

" Khalid and everything that has to do with him, I'm scared of seeing him again and doubting all the decisions I've made so far, you know he gave me a really great scar in my heart and Alhamdulillah you're succeeding in mending it. I really don't want to see him and regret anything" I said and looked at him. He sighed as he suddenly parked his car at the edge of the road.

" Faryah I want you to be very honest with me, why did you agree to marry me?" He asked as he adjusted the way he sat and held my hand in his. " Cause I realised that no matter what was going to happen I was never going to go back to how I was with Khalid and.." he cut me off. He didn't look too happy. " a reason that doesn't involve Khalid in it" he said.

" Cause I've accepted that my heart wants you, I want you and I know that being with you is what's best for me and Najmah. I love you very much Khalifa" I answered. I wasn't lying to myself.

" then that's all that matters, you love me so much and you want me. That's what matters" He said to me and I nodded.

That was the only thing that mattered now. I loved him. " you don't need to be scared, I love you and you love me and we are going to live a very happy life, Insha'Allah" He said and I smiled genuinely. He was right. " yes, Insha'Allah" I answered and he smiled again, showing his fine white teeth. He kissed my forehead and started the car and continued driving.

He was right. The bottom line of everything was the love I had for him. He deserved to be happy and his happiness was with me. Alhamdulillah for that.

All I had to do now was to talk to Khalid and resolve everything.

I couldn't find it in my heart to trust Khalid and his family again so it was enough reason for me not to go back to their humble home.

I had good and bad memories there but Alhamdulillah. They made me who I was now. If they hadn't thrown me away from their house I wouldn't have found my real family. Allah had his ways.