16.

---------------Los Angeles, California

-------------------------Lily's hospital ( Same night)

I couldn't let her die. I felt the tears profusely escaping my eyes and rolling down my cheeks. They needed to revive her, no matter what. I couldn't lose her, I couldn't. " Faryah!" Sophia screamed as she tried going back into her room. " Sophia stop" I said as I managed to hold her back. " She can't die Khalid" She cried as we watched the doctor try reviving her. We watched as a nurse rushed out from the room and came back almost after 5 minutes.

The doctor finally gave us a thumbs up and I let out a deep sigh. They were injecting something into her again. Sophia was still crying. " I don't know what would've happened to me if we lost her, I would have forever blamed myself" She said as she cried into my hoodie. " It's okay, she's safe now" I consoled her as I patted her soft black hair. The doctor finally came out and took off his mask.

" Someone almost administered her a deadly overdose of Fentanyl, she is very lucky that she survived. People who take in an overdose of Fentanyl usually don't make it out alive, the drug is lethal and Illegal, it's usually mixed with cocaine, heroine, methamphetamine and MDMA" I couldn't really understand all the bulky medical terms. " The drug decreased the amount of oxygen that reached her brain, that was what made her heart stop. We luckily administered her multiple doses of Naloxone quickly and it rapidly binded her opioid receptors and blocked the effect of the Fentanyl" He concluded. I knew Sophia understood all that. " But she's still in a coma right?" Sophia asked. " Yes, she is, we still need to monitor  her for two more hours so her breathing doesn't slow down or stop again" I heard he sigh a little and hugged the doctor. " Thanks doc" she said as she let go of him. He nodded and walked away from us.

" Well that was close" I said as I sat on the couch where Sophia was sleeping. " Yeah, It really is hard to lose someone close to you, the feeling was so new to me" Sophia said as she sat beside me with her face in her palms. " We're going to lose them some day you know, they're going to lose us too, it's just a matter of time" I said as she lay her head on my thigh. I brushed my fingers through her hair and kissed her forehead.

" Khalid, what happened to you, your face is all bloody and messed up, who did this to you?" she panicked as she went through my face. She touched my lips and it stung. " Ouch, it stings" I hissed at the pain. At least he had his own share of the beating. " What happened?" she asked as she let go of my face. " I came here earlier, I saw the man that stabbed her trying to kill her again, I chased him, we exchanged blows but he ran away"

" That bastard, what the hell does he want from us, who is he?" she snapped again. " I don't know, I couldn't get much from him"

" Ugh, and the police aren't guarding her, let's go to the ER, they'll treat you" She said as she held my hand and almost dragged me outside. " No, we have to keep watch on Faryah" I didn't want to leave her side. " The nurses are here, they'll take care of her, come on lets go, if you can't walk, I'll help you" she said as she threw my arm round her shoulder and walked out of her rooms.

" Your nose isn't in bad shape, your eyes can heal in a week, same as the lips, just use the ointment I prescribed for you, okay, and your ribs will be fine, you just don't need to sleep on them for the next two weeks" A lady doctor said as she stitched the side of my left brow and my lips. She looked very young. A brunette. " Thank you" Sophia answered for me. " Your arm is alright, you should sleep here tonight" The lady doctor said smiling sheepishly at me. Even if I was bruised I was still handsome. " Thank you" I said smugly. " I'll check up on you first thing tomorrow" she said and finally left us. " Lie down Khalid" Sophia said as she made me lie on the bed. " No we have to keep Faryah company" I said trying to get up again. " Don't dare move" she snapped. " Don't worry, Faryah will be fine, Faryah's safe"