36.

--------------Los Angeles, California.

--------------------------Ritz-Carlton hotel.

" Sophia Olyster"

She announced and the crowd applauded. Yayy, the attention wasn't going to be on me anymore. The crowd's applause grew louder and screams too. She deserved the award. But I really didn't see the need of doing this, no one needs a reward for being beautiful. The tiara and sash were placed on Sophia as she smiled widely. She wanted this. She was given a plaque too as the lady in pink put tiny tiara's on my head and a sash round my body.

" Ohh...I don't know what to say, I am really grateful for this award and I really do  appreciate it. This was really unexpected and I honestly thought that my sister-in-law was going to be the one to get the award, but I am sincerely grateful to everyone here, I am glad to call UCLA my home, it was my home for five years, and UCLA is a school to be in. To everyone, we're all beautiful in different ways, internally or externally, believe in yourself cause you're going to achieve many, many things, thank you everyone" Sophia said and the crowd cheered her again and she walked to hug me and the red head. The photographers were taking pictures of us and at long last we went back to our seats.

" Congrats Sophia" Khalid congratulated as I sat back beside him. " Thanks brother"

" You deserve it" Ethan said and Sophia blushed again. " You guys didn't go get some food?" I asked as I looked around the table. There were only glasses of water around and I really felt like chewing something. " Faryah you ate everyone's shrimp bowl, what else do you want?, are you sure you're okay?" Sophia asked as she kept her clutch on the table. " I am fine, I'm just feeling so hungry again, climate change maybe, or hormones" I said again. " Yeah hormones" She was still giving me the questioning look.

" Uhmm wifey, I need to go to Sandra now okay, I'll see you at home" Khalid said as he got up from his seat. " Okay" I answered as he kissed my forehead again. " Ethan, take care of her okay" Khalid said as he pecked Sophia goodbye. " Sure"

" Drive safely okay" I called as he left and I saw him nod. Sophia and Ethan were having a little moment. Letting them be was a good idea. " Guys, I want to use the rest room okay" I said as I took my clutch from the table and got up. " Okay, don't get lost, can I come with you?" Sophia asked and I shook my head. " I'll be fine" I answered with a small smile and turned to walk out of the hall.

I was glad I was out of that crowded place. I needed air. I walked through some hallways and found the ladies bathroom finally. I looked at myself in the mirror immediately I walked in. There were three  sinks and I took the one on the right. I took a napkin from the sink and took off my scarf. They had made my hair into a low bun as usual. I washed the aching makeup and dried my face. After that, I wore little eyeliner and lip gloss and brushed my brows. There was no one in the restroom, it was just me. I fixed my scarf back and I looked and felt more comfortable. I and Khalid were getting married. Hopefully and definitely the halal way. In a mosque, with friends and family. Peaceful and blessed. I really couldn't wait.

I got out of the bathroom and headed to the top floor. I wanted to get a clear view of the stars. I didn't want to go back to the crowded area. I walked past a bar before I got to the elevator.

Pause.

Rewind<<<<

I just saw Khalifa.

I took a few steps back and found him there, in the middle of some boys. They were screaming " Chug!, Chug!, Chug!, Chug!" what was he doing?. I really hoped it wasn't drugs. I had to go help him out, he wasn't supposed to be here.

The bar wasn't all crowded up. Some other ladies were here and men. The place was irritating but I had to help him out. I didn't know what was going on but I was going to. " Excuse me?" I called as I got to where Khalifa was. His eyes were rolling as he through a pipe away from his mouth to the floor. He looked weak. Six guys surrounded me as I swallowed my saliva. " You want to join us?, pretty damsel" One said as he tried to touch my face but I slapped it away and walked to where Khalifa sat. " Khalifa why are you here?" I asked worriedly. He was seriously drunk. " I......I am.....am...happy" he said and laughed a little. " Are you his girlfriend?" One of the guys asked and I shook my head and he came closer to me. " Don't you dare come near me or I swear, you'll regret it" I snapped and sent death glares towards him and he moved away. " Khalifa we need to get out of here, get up" I said as I threw one of his arms around my shoulder and pulled him up from where he sat. " Where are you taking him to?" one of them asked again. " None of your business, he's not supposed to be here anyway" I said with a stagger as I pushed them away and walked out of the bar with a big burden on my shoulder. " I.....I have a room upstairs, room 240D, fourth floor" Khalifa said as he slipped a card out of his pocket and handed it to me. He was too drunk, and if I knew any better his drink was probably spiked and it led to that. A normal Khalifa knows that alcohol is haram.