57

———————Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

—————————————9:00pm, Khalid's Condo.

" Here, I went to the grocery store and super market, got us a few cups and dishes and I bought some groceries, I cooked  Assam laksa" Mother said as she gave me a plate of food I couldn't recognize. " what's Assam Laksa?" I asked as I used my fork to play with the onion rings that topped the plate. " It's rice noodles in sour tamarind broth I peppered with mackerel and there you'll see the vegetable garnishing. It tastes better than it smells or looks" Mother said as she poured me a cup of water. " Alright" I answered and dug into my food. It was spicy and delicious.

" It's nice right?" She asked and I nodded my head as I ate more. " it's delicious Mother" I answered. " I knew you'll like it, my best friend taught me how to prepare it when we were still in school, she knows how to prepare it well" Mother said as she ate more of her food.

" Have you found her?" I asked and she nodded. " Yes I have, I got her address and phone number, I'm going to message her soon, I honestly can't wait to see her, she's going to be so happy" Mother squealed as she ate her food. " I'm glad you're happy, have you called Sophia?" I asked as I drank the water that was beside me. " Yes I called her and she's fine, she tried going to the mansion to see Brandon but he shut her out. He honestly can't continue like this" I had changed her mood. " He'll be fine eventually, I mean he can't kill himself"

" that's what he's trying to do, I called Anna and she told me he hasn't been eating properly, I don't want to see him like that"

" You should have stayed and tried talking to him then"

" No, he needs space now" She answered and I sighed. " Everything is hopefully going to be normal again" I said and held her hand in mine on the table.

" How's Faryah?" She asked and my heart sobered up again. " You saw her today right?" She asked and I dropped my fork in my plate. " I did, I saw Najmah as well" I replied.

" oh my, how're they?, are they doing fine?"

" They're more than fine Mother, you should have seen how beautiful my wife and daughter are, my daughter looks exactly like me, her smile is so cute" I said as I remembered how beautiful she was. " Aww, I'll really like to see the both of them" she replied as she ate more from her plate.

" Faryah has moved on mother" I blurted out and heard her drop her fork. " moved on?"

" She really loves this Khalifa guy" I added and sighed out loud. " I don't want to lose my wife Mother" I said and pouted out. I really didn't want to, she was happy with someone that wasn't me. She was my happiness, I couldn't bear to see her with someone else. Why?.

" If she really wants to be with him Khalid, you should give them what they want" I wasn't expecting that. " she was mine first"

"But she doesn't love you anymore"

" I know she still feels something for me Mother, I saw how she stared at me at the park when I saw her, she thinks she's in love with this Khalifa guy cause she was away from me, her heart wanted attention but that's not the attention it needs, it needs me" I said as I got up from where I sat.

" Khalid, you know you can't force someone to love you, you're going to eventually have to accept things"

" What are you saying Mother?, you want her back with us don't you?, then why do you want me to give up on her just like that?"