70

---------------------Los Angeles, California.

-------------------------------Valentine residence, next morning, 10:00am.

" Wait Mother, you knew about it this whole time?"

" Yes and I'm not at fault for not saying anything, I didn't know that the person who raised Zarah was ever going to work with the green viper and besides I promised her that I wasn't going to tell anyone about it" Mother answered as she collected Kimberly from Sophia's. We all sat round a table in Sophia and Ethan's patio, trying to enjoy the morning breeze and talking.

" She went through one hell of a life, to be honest, if I were in her shoes, I wouldn't want to involve myself in all these problems we're facing" Sophia commented as she munched a cookie. " Yeah, all I'll want is to be at peace" Ethan backed up his wife and I rolled my eyes at the both of them.

" That's a selfish desire" My arm was still hurting from the gun shot I received from Zarah last night. I understood that her anger made her do what she did to me so I couldn't be mad at her.

I actually felt for her.

She wanted a good life but her past just had to catch up with her. 

It just had to.

She needed to be very strong to face the battle life threw it.  It was definitely for a reason.

Allah always had a reason. 

" She needs to understand that a lot of people need her so they can be at peace. I mean we did nothing to deserve this, did we kill the woman's son with our own hands?, we didn't"

" But they died because of us, she lost her source of income all because of us, we messed with her and we now have to face the battle we found ourselves in" Mother answered and I sighed deeply. " we're in some deep shit guys,  we need to make sure we're together all the time until those two criminals are brought to justice"

" so we should stay at home and not go any where?" Ethan asked and I nodded. " it's safer for my niece".

" Faryah's father called me up yesterday, Sir Milton. Apparently they managed to catch one of miss Hae Soo's minions yesterday trying to kill the woman that gave us info on the man that took Najmah, luckily the woman survived and is safe now"

" That's amazing news Khalid" Mother's face as well as that of Ethan and Sophia brightened up. " It is good news but she doesn't want to say anything to the police yet"

" she's definitely going to speak up sooner or later" Sophia added and I nodded in agreement. The woman had to speak up because miss Hae Soo was definitely going to shut her up in jail for good. What was the use of her loyalty when it was obvious that she was going to die at the end of the day. The person she was working for was definitely going to kill her.

" any ideas on a new business, if you need a loan I can help you" Mother offered and I shook my head. " I don't need help Mother and I have actually gotten an idea for a new business, I hope the money I plan on investing in it is worth it"

" what business is that?, you have to include me in it" Ethan nagged and I laughed. " Sure, but I really don't plan on setting it up here, as soon as we catch the people harming us, I'll leave LA completely" Yeah, I had already made my decision and I was very much satisfied with it. " where are you going to?, you want to leave us all alone here?"

" Mother I'm not leaving you all alone, you have Sophia and Ethan and Kimberly and don't worry I'll be home for the holidays"

" what business are you going into?" Sophia asked. " don't worry, you'll find out soon"