11.

--------------Los Angeles, California

--------------------- Same night (City Hall)

I loved the way Mufti Menk spoke. His topic today was on the proper way to take care, to maintain a good relationship and show love to your spouse. His words got to me and all the way through the sermon all I could think about was Khalid. I had to admit to myself that I was falling in love with Khalid. He had something in him that drew me closer to him. I wanted to get to know him more.

The sermon ended at 6 sharp, Sophia said she was going to be waiting for me outside. I walked out of the hall and stood outside to wait for Sophia. I checked my phone for any text from her and I got nothing. Maybe she was stuck in traffic or something. I decided to go back inside the city hall to sit and wait. It was getting late. Where could Sophia be?. I really hoped she hadn't forgotten about me.  Ting!

Someone texted me.

Unknown Number

• Faryah, come on out, this is my friends number, I'm sorry I left mine at her place. Come on out lets go home, its getting late.

Finally. She was here. I got up from where I sat as I checked my phone. It was already 7:00pm, I waited for her for a whole hour. But nevertheless, I was leaving now. I walked out of the hall and stood outside, I didn't see any sign of her. Something was wrong.

Ting!

Unknown number

• Faryah, sorry, I can see you, just come down to your right.

She texted again. I was beginning to get really suspicious. I walked towards my right as I looked at the cars I was walking past. I couldn't see her.

Was it a prank text?. Who was trying to lure me out?. I quickly turned to head back to the hall when I felt a hand cover my mouth. I struggled with the manly hand as he dragged me towards a quiet corner and I felt my back being slammed to the wall. " You should really learn to mind your fucking business" the husky, manly voice threatened as he faced me. His face was covered but I could clearly see the darkness in his eyes. I had seen them before, the eyes that wanted to attack Sophia. I stared at him with his hand still on my mouth. I needed to think fast. I bit him instantly and he let go of my lips and groaned in pain. He still held my arm tight as I struggled for him to let go. " You bitch" he snapped and I felt a knife penetrate the right part of my stomach. I felt the knife being slowly twisted in my stomach and it finally stopped. He took it out. I couldn't stand for long. I slowly fell to the floor and held my belly in pain. " You were trying to be stubborn huh" I was losing my eyesight. Everything became blur, my head was spinning. I could see his tall masculine figure drag a hard thick wood. " You should learn to never ever poke your nose in someone else's business" I heard him say as I felt another sharp pain behind my head. Another sharp pain followed as he hit my back with the wood again. I couldn't take it anymore. I was losing consciousness, I never wanted my life to end this way. I still had dreams to achieve. I slowly closed my eyes as he hit my stomach again. I couldn't bear the pain anymore.

Ya Allah help me.

-----------Los Angeles, California

---------------Same night( City hall)

" Faryah!" I screamed as I ran to where she laid in her own blood. How the hell did this happen to her. " Oh my goodness, Faryah how did this happen to you, who did this to you" I asked myself as I knelt beside her and took her into my arms. I looked at her lifeless body in my arms,  I checked her pulse and I could still feel something. She was still alive. I looked at her dress, it was completely ruined with her blood. I could see a small cut on her dress where all the blood spilled from. She was stabbed. Who could've possibly done this to her. She didn't know anyone here and here she was, lying in her own pool of blood. I sighted the paramedics rushing out from the ambulance. " Faryah, you're going to be alright okay, please hold on" I said as a female paramedic took Faryah from my arms and checked her pulse.