73

----------------Los Angeles, California.

------------------------------- Valentine's residence,11:30am.

Sleep is a necessity in this life. I spent 18 hours and 5 minutes on an airplane and I didn't get to sleep properly. The bed in the room I was given by Sophia made everything right. I slept like a baby.

I was on my period so I didn't have to make Salah. After taking my bath, brushing my teeth and getting cosy in my pyjamas, I threw myself on the small but comfy bed with cotton duvets and the purple velvet bed sheets made me not want to ever get out of that bed. Everything felt right. It was an amazing bed.

I woke up fully refreshed by 11:00am, I took my bath, brushed my teeth, got dressed and called my family up to let them know I was doing fine.

I called Khalifa up as well but he didn't answer, he was probably busy at work.

" Faryah, are you awake?" Mama Zainab followed her words with gentle knocks on the door.

I got up from where I sat with my phone in my hands, making sure I wore my slippers and opened the door for her to come in with a wide smile. " Welcome Faryah" I was soon going to get tired of hugs.

Very soon. 

" Thank you Mama Zainab" She really didn't want to let go of me.

  " How're you?, how was your trip?. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to welcome you last night. I was on my night shift in the hospital" she finally let go of me and followed me into my room. " it's okay mama Zainab and I am doing great, the trip was stressful but I feel refreshed right now" I answered as we sat on my bed and I stared at her beautiful face. Old but still beautiful.

Very beautiful.

" Good. You're hungry right?. You want to go downstairs and cook something up?. Sophia, Ethan and Kimberly went to the hospital for a vaccine. They'll be back soon, it's just me and you at home" She smiled at me intently as she took my hand in hers and caressed the back of my palm gently. " Yeah I'm hungry. I really need something to eat"

" Okay then we'll go downstairs but first Faryah. I never got to properly apologize to you for what I did, you know one on one"

" It's okay Mama Zainab"

" It's not to me Faryah. I ruined the love you and my son shared and I ruined Najmah's home" She was about to cry. "Mama Zainab please no. Please don't cry. You were only trying to look out for your son and I completely understand. You hurt me but I've accepted it and I have found it in my heart to forgive you honestly, for everything you did Mama Zainab. You didn't ruin anything, you actually created a path way for me to find genuine happiness with the person I'm about to get married to and my family" I dried her eyes with my skinny fingers as I spoke the truth.

Kind of.

" You really are an amazing person Faryah. Thank you so so much. I know it's hard for you to trust us again but please just know that we're always going to be here for you no matter what and we're going to support you in all the decisions you make. You're like family to us Faryah and don't worry, Najmah is going to come home to us very soon. We're going to continue praying for her"

" Thank you so much Mama Zainab. It really hurts that I have no idea on where she is or how she's doing"

" It's okay for you to feel that way. Just keep on praying to Allah and you'll see all will be fine"

" In Sha'a Allah. How're you doing Mama Zainab?, you know with Papa Brandon and everything that's happening to you guys?. How're you?" I definitely wasn't the only one that had problems to be shared. " Well I'm fine. He wanted an annulment so I had to give it to him"