54

—————Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.

—————————3:30Pm

I kept on staring at my phone in the conference room as I received Faryah's text message saying we could meet in a park some minutes after I called her in the morning.

I couldn't wait to see my wife, even though she wasn't going to bring my daughter, I could still see her.

I was happy and excited.

I was in a meeting that started by 2:00pm. They were using this opportunity of my arrival to their city to show me an app proposal to promote Olyster Textiles. I wasn't paying much attention as I kept staring at my phone over and over again just to be sure that I was going to meet Faryah by 5:00pm.

" That concludes the meeting for today, any questions?" The person presenting the app called, snapping me out of my thoughts. " Sir do you have any questions?" He asked me in particular. " Oh no none, in fact I love this app, it's going to promote our business. Good Job" I said and the people in the conference room clapped and I smiled at them. I looked at Zarah that sat beside me, she was looking at me intently. I just hoped she wasn't plotting anything against me in that tiny head of hers or maybe she was admiring my good looks.

" I can leave you here if you want me to?" I said as I got up from where I sat to give our partners a good handshake. " I'm so sorry, I zoned out, we're leaving now?" She asked and I nodded as she greeted our partners as well. " We're so glad you liked the app, we worked very hard for it" A man said as I shook him. " It's my pleasure, I can't wait for it to be released to the public" I said and smiled at him again. He was probably the head of the organization, Loga Apps. " Thank you very much sir, we'll send you all the files you need to sign to your secretary" he replied and I nodded. " Good, we'll take our leave now, thank you so much for your hospitality"

" Okay, Goodbye" He answered and I smiled as I walked out of the conference room with Zahra behind me.

" What were you thinking about?"  I asked as we walked out of the company, to the parking lot. " Nothing important" she answered as I unlocked my car and we both got in. " That's the only meeting you have today" she said. She didn't look as happy and annoying as she was yesterday. She looked down. I noticed that from when I picked her up at her hotel. " what's wrong?, you've been moody since morning" I asked as I started the engine. " it's nothing, don't worry and why do you care?" She asked as she rolled her eyes and put her laptop in her bag.

" whatever" I answered as I drove out of the parking area. " How's your mother?"

" why do you care?" Hah!

I watched her smirk and roll her eyes. I typed in the address Faryah sent to me into my maps and I watched as it displayed my results. I was 30 minutes away from the park and there was a mall adjacent it. I could get something for my daughter there.

" why're you going to the Central City Park, ohh can I come along, I've heard how beautiful it is" She squealed and I rolled my eyes at her again. " we didn't come for a vacation"

" Then why're you going?"

" It's honestly not your business" I answered and heard her sigh.

My mind ran through ideas of what I could get my daughter. A toy car, a doll or something. I needed a feminine view on this. " Hey, what do you think I can get for an 8 months old baby, you know as a gift to remember me by?" I asked Zahra and waited to hear her response.