56

——————Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.

————————————Faryah's apartment, 7:00pm.

" He's a different case now honestly, he still feels he can get me back after everything that happened" I said to Khalifa as I cut my vegetables to prepare my dinner. Mee goreng Mamak. I was on a video call with Khalifa and Najmah was eating rice I cooked with chicken broth.

I had already narrated my experience with Khalid today to Khalifa.

It didn't go as bad as I thought it would. I honestly thought we were going to end up arguing and I wasn't going to tell him all what I had in mind.

But I did.

" You know he can't" I heard Khalifa answer. " It's going to be hard for him to sign the divorce papers" I said as I washed some of my shrimp. " Then we can pursue it in court" he answered and I nodded. I honestly wanted all of this end. I wanted to live a peaceful life. " or we could just be patient and see if he can finally understand that I can never be his" I answered. " won't that be long?"

" well it's better than going to court and arguing about who gets what, I mean we are going to have to fight for Najmah's custody and I honestly don't want that, I don't want to ever be away from my daughter, no matter what" I replied and dried my hands with a small kitchen towel.

" I'm lonely here, I miss you guys so much" He called and I blushed a bit. " we miss you so much more" I replied with a small laugh. " I wonder how Grandma Humairah is doing"

" she should be fine, Faryah?"

" yeah?"

" where do you want us to stay when we're married?" I didn't bother thinking about that. " with you?, in Dubai or what do you think?"

" Dubai is okay but hey, you know something, I admire how you have time for Najmah even though you're the CEO of a big organization, you still have time for her"

" of course I do, I have to, I definitely want what's best for her"

" yeah I understand, but I was hoping it would change when we're married" what was he getting at. " what are you trying to say?" I asked as I focused more on him. " you know I earn pretty well here in Dubai and I really want you to have time for our family, for me and our kids, I'm not saying you should stop working completely or anything like that, I just want you to have time for all of us" He said and I watched him stare at me with a cute smile, showing off his dimples. " Okay so you're trying to say that I should consider being a housewife"

" Well if that is what you want"

" You know I also want to have time for you and our kids but I also want to work and help you with everything you need, But I honestly understand where you're coming from so let's see how about this, I can Maybe set up a business, a small business in Dubai maybe a store or something or a bakery or a restaurant or something nice, but I'm going to make sure I have time for you all of you" I said and watched him smile wider. " oh my, I love it when you smile like that, you're so handsome" I chirped and giggled. My chicken was already done frying and it smelt so good, MashaAllah and Najmah had succeeded in painting her face with rice. " I'm honestly glad I have you Faryah, You really don't know how happy I am"

" I should know, I know how happy you are"

" No you don't, I'm honestly much more happier than you are" well that was true. " well yes, but I love you sooo much"