Chapter 23: Distance

•Jayy's point of view•

After Tayy and Marcus left all of us just went in the house. The way Marcus and Tayy acts doesn't affect the kids. They're just used to mommy and daddy being difficult with each other😂😂

Jj was running around inside getting on KD's nerves. I'll admit... KD's been distant. But she's always here so that's something.

That may sound weird. She's distant but she's here.

We never talk, it's just like the connection we had is slowly starting to fade.

We don't even have sex anymore... Shit she won't even let a nigga see the pussy.

"I want a nap" Ken said while yawning and stretching out on the living room couch

Montae laid on the floor with pillows then Jj and Marion followed behind them.

I went upstairs to me and kd's room and she was just sitting in there chilling watching some Netflix.

"Hey bae" I said while jumping on her.

"Sup" she said dully

See what I'm talking about.

"The kids are napping" I said.

"Ok.... and??" she responded

"Can we just cuddle and watch a movie or something??" I asked.

"Yea, I guess, I'm going to take a bubble bath first" she said while hopping out of the bed and moseying towards the bathroom.

Almost as soon as she left her phone began to vibrate like crazy. Text messages back to back and a few phone calls.

I've never been the invasive type. But when I looked at the name of the person blowing up her phone i already knew what time it was.

*********

I've been sitting here contemplating on if I should make her unlock this damn phone or not.

The name that kept popping up said "😛Dre😻"

Which is obviously a nigga, I don't give a fuck what she say. Not jumping to conclusion, cause let it be me texting a bitch. She'll wanna flip shit.

And I just want her to lie to me.....

A few minutes later she was coming out of the bathroom in a towel. She went straight to her side of the bed where her phone was.

"Where's my phone??" She asked with her nose scrunched up.

"Right here" I said.

"Ohh, lemme get it" she said.

"Nahh..... Who's Dre??" I asked.

She stopped and said "who??"

"You know who the fuck I'm talkin about. That's who's name is saved in your phone, so who's Dre??" I said while holding her phone up so she could see the screen.

She didn't say anything so I said "better yet, unlock it" while trying to hand it to her.

"Why?? You don't see me telling you to let me go through your phone, so why you wanna go through mine??" She said while rolling her eyes.