Welcome to the Glade

Alby showed the shorter boy around the massive field of green with trees and huts. "this is called the Glade. We are called Gladers. I run this place. Now time to show you where and what we do," he began pointed off in different directions. "We eat. We sleep here. We grow our own food. We build our ow shelters. And whatever we need the box provides," 

"What's the box?" the boy asked. 

Alby pointed across the Glade and he saw the metal square with grinding wheels. "Every month it is sent up with fresh supplies and a new Greenie. But it's quite strange," 

The boy looked at the leader of the Gladers. "What's strange?"

"Usually it sends up one. But this time it's two. Do you know that other Greenie? The one who came up with you and then face planted on the ground?"

The shorter boy jogged through his empty memory again. "No. I don't think so," 

                                               .............................................

Meanwhile Newt was explaining everything he could to the taller boy. "And so it's like this. The box comes up with new supplies and a new Greenie. We're all quite surprised that it came up with two this time. Do you by any chance know that shorter boy?"

"No," the taller one answered with a shy voice. "I don't think so,"

"Well...when you get your name back, you're probably recognise him," Newt gave him a strange encouraging smile. "Come on. Alby's over there," Before the taller boy had time to react, he was pulled by the hand by Newt towards Alby and the shorter boy. 

"You alright Alby?" he asked. 

"Ahh. Hi Newt. Greenbean..." he addressed the shorter boy. "Meet Newt. He's in charge while I'm not around. I see your head's alright," Alby observed the taller boy. "Feeling better other Greenbean?"

"Yeah. I guess," the taller boy sounded quiet. "Thanks,"

"Sounds like you had a lovely bed and comfort," The shorter boy said to the taller one who came up with him.

"I did. It felt nice,"

"Easy for you to say. You didn't get shoved into a pit like an animal,"

Newt chuckled.

The shorter boy frowned. "Oh so you think that's funny?"

"No. It's your tone of voice that's funny," Newt chuckled.

"Okay. Newt, fetch me Chuck would ya?" Alby requested.

Newt turned to the taller boy. "Okay. Alby's goanna show you everything else,"

"You can't remember your name either?" Alby asked the taller boy. 

"No," he shook his head. 

Alby cast two straight glances at the two new boys. "Well...seems like with two newbies, we're goanna have to find a way to tell you two apart until you remember your names. Taller one. You'll be Greenbean 1. Shorter one. You'll be called Greenbean 2,"

The two boys who came up together exchanged glances. 

"That seems fair," the shorter one said. 

"Hey. I gotta be honest with you two," Newt spoke up again. I thought you guys had the chops to be runners. Till you face planted..." he pointed at the taller boy. "...and you got pummelled from the side and then  whacked in the head,"

"Wait?" Greenbean 1 asked, confusion creasing his forehead. "Runner?" 

Alby quickly changed the subject. "Newt, do me a favour and find Chuck,"