We're Brothers!

"Light em up!"

At Alby's command, numbers of boys threw torches of fire into a huge piles of logs. It lit up. Boys began clapping and dancing and even playing music by banging pans and pots together. 

Chuck enjoyed himself by showing Greenie 2 around. He creased his eyebrows when he noticed that Greenie 2 was looking down at his stomach. "You must be hungry" 

"I surely am Chuckie," Greenie 2 agreed. "I can't even remember the last time I ate," 

"Then let's fill your belly up," Chuck took his hand and led him over to a large stool. "This is Frypan," he pointed to the hefty cook with black shaven hair. 

"Can I interest you in some bacon?" the chief offered a small plate of bacon to Greenie 2. He took it. 

"Thank you," he tried a bit. "Mmm. It's good. Where'd you learn how to cook?"

"Top secret," Frypan answered back smugly before turning to the next customer. 

Greenie 2 devoured more of his bacon as Chuck kept showing him around. He was incredibly amazed at some of the boy's cool tricks like swinging sticks around with angelic flexible arms or doing acrobatics. 

"That is pretty cool," Greenie 2 said admirably. "You know for a huge society of boys who are stuck here...you guys surely know how to party," he smiled. 

"I said the same thing myself when I came up into the maze," Chuck stated. He stopped walking when he noticed Greenie 2 was glaring darkly at Gally in a wrestling ring. "You don't like him do you?"

"Is he always like this? Pummeling newbies down? Did he ever do that to you?"

"No," Chuck answered numbly. "At first I was a little scared. But that's just how he is. He's not that bad. He did save you and Greenie 1's life today,"

"By shovelling us," Greenie 2 noticed a pair of heads sitting in front of a log not too far from the ground. "Still quite curious about that maze he is,"

"So are you," Chuck said. "You really wanna know what's out there?"

Greenie 1 nodded. 

"Mihno will tell you everything," 

                                                          ................................................

Greenie 1 sat with Newt in front of a log looking out at the dark gates that remained closed. 

"Quite a first day Greenie," Newt said to the silent boy. 

"Yep,"

"Here..." Newt offered a piece of meat on a stick. "Have something. You must be hungry,"

"I'm not hungry," Greenie 1 gently shook his head. "But thanks," 

"Come on. Who knows the last time you ate?"

Greenie 1 accepted the chicken. He took a bit. "Mmm. It's good. Thanks," 

"And here. Put some hair off your chest," Newt offered the newbie a jar of strange amber drink. 

Greenie 1 took a sip. Immediately he spat it out. "Oh my god. What is that?" 

Newt laughed a bit, taking the jar back. "I don't even know. It's Gally's recipe," 

Greenie 1 looked back at Gally who was enjoying a round of wrestling. 

"He's still an asshole," Greenie 1 said. 

"He saved you and Greenie 2,"

"Well he really acts like a bully,"

"He's always like that. But trust me. The maze is a dangerous place," Newt said, taking a sip.