Rescues

Edward and Sonya followed the tracks across the sand. They heard loud voices and they ducked behind some sandy rubble and peered over. They saw the masked black soldiers rounding up Brenda. She was tied up and one of the soldiers stood before her. 

"Were you alone?"

"Yes!" Brenda spat back.

"Why don't I believe you?"

"Because you are a buffoon," 

A gun barrel was raised at her head, making Edward flinch. 

"We've got to do something," Sonya whispered. 

"Tell us if you saw any Immunes!" the soldier demanded. 

Brenda was unafraid of their weapons and their powerful postures. "I'm just out here all alone!"

Another gun barrel arrived at her head. 

"Are you immune?"

"Yes," she smirked back.

"Wait I recognise her. She was in one of WICKED's camps. She's that kid George's sister's,"

"Don't you dare talk about him!" Brenda shouted. "I know what you all did to him!"

The soldier bashed the end of his gun into her head knocking her to the crowd. Edward felt his heart jump, his stomach quake. 

"I've got a plan," he whispered to Sonya. "But I'm gonna need you to go along with it,"

           ....................................................................................................................

"Let go of me!" screamed Thomas with the sack still over his head. "Let go of me! Newt! Minho! Anyone!"

"Shut up!" a man bashed his head and he was stunned. 

"Don't kill him! Remember what Marcus said. WICKED needs him alive. He discovered what his father hid,"

Stunned and his senses all messed up, Thomas couldn't make out what they were saying. All he could feel were their rough arms dumping him onto a trunk. 

"Take him away to the outskirts of the city. The WICKED trucks should be arriving,"

"But what about the younger brother?"

"Forget him! It's Thomas who discovered what she wants! Take him away!"

Thomas tried to stand up and fight but with a painful headache and the sack over his face, he was helpless. He felt two men cuff his hands and sit next to him. He was trapped. 

   ....................................................................................................................

"Let go of me!" Newt tried to fight against his captors but he was outnumbered. Suddenly he heard loud yells and he saw their heads being hit by flying stones and from out of nowhere all his friends including Minho and Frypan bash batons and sticks of metal against them. The large group of teens outnumbered the large men and they were knocked down like pins. 

"Newt!" Minho helped him stand up. "Where's Thomas?"

Newt freaked out. "Some men took him! They're going to take him to WICKED!" 

"Frypan, you and those two go back for Jorge," ordered Minho. 

"Roger that," Frypan and two thin backs run back the other way. 

"Where did they take him?" Minho asked Newt. 

"That way," Newt pointed north. "Come on! We've got to hurry before they get too far!"