The Plan: Teresa

Edward and his friends finally reached the top of the stone building. They leapt across a gap to scale up the giant walls. They climbed up a ladder and stood at a lookout point where there was a hidden telescope. Gally fished it out of his hiding spot and placed it on the ledge and stared through. Looking ahead, Edward saw a tall shiny building with a V shape and windows on every floor. "That's the place?"

"Yes. Lawrence and his crew have been trying to bust in there for years before they joined the Right Arm. The place is crawling with soldiers. Scanners at every entrance,"

"Sounds like a bloody fortress," observed Amelia. "And I assume you have a way to get in there?"

"I do. But you're not gonna like it," Gally aimed his telescope towards one of the highest levels. He stepped aside, looking seriously at Edward. He reluctantly moved in front of the piece of spy equipment and peered through. Through the lens, he saw Teresa walking around her office doing papers. He raised his head, bewildered. A flash emitted in his eye. He saw Teresa's regretful but sinful face again the day he watched her fly away in the chopper with his brother. His friends sensed his anxiety. "I said you weren't gonna like it,"

"No," Edward shook his head. "Anything but her,"

"She's our only way in,"

Edward stared blankly at Gally. "You really think she's gonna help us?"

Gally crossed his arms. "I'm not planning on asking her permission,"

"Are you missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us? Same dick who got me, Newt, your brother everyone captured?" Minho reminded.

"I know," Edward said quickly.

"Then why are you so reluctant?!"

Edward tried to speak but a mixture of negative emotions clouded his head, muddling his thoughts. "It's complicated,"

"It's not complicated," Minho marched on him. "You still care about her. Don't you?"

"Minho..." Amelia tried to warn him but he wouldn't listen.

"Do you even care what she did to us?! To you?!"

"Yes, I care!" Edward snapped.

"Minho, Ed...play nice," Amelia tried to sooth the tension.

"You don't care about your brother at all! You don't care about any of us!"

"I just can't be around her! There! I said it!" Ashamed and embarrassed, Edward walked away and slid down the ladder.

"Ed! Wait!" Amelia cried. She frowned at Minho. "Nice going Minho,"

"You're mad at me! He's the one who's refusing to use the girl who betrayed us!"

"You had no right lashing at him like that. He and Teresa were close friends since they were kids. Even if she betrayed him, he can't forget how close they were. If he didn't have his memories from before he was sent up into the maze, he wouldn't be hesitant. But now that he does, it's made him conflicted. But it doesn't mean he doesn't care about Thomas or any of us," compared to guys, Amelia was more understanding.

"We need to catch up to him before he gets into trouble," Gally slid down the ladder to the stone buildings below and the other followed after him. Once he was back on the roof of the stone building, he saw Edward sitting down in front of a closer view of the WICKED building, back bent and hands linked together. He approached him slowly but Edward heard him. "I'm not up for this plan,"

"Look Greenie, I know you and the girl had a connection but this is much bigger than that," he tried to reason. "This is about you and your brother,"

"I am not going near her again! Not after what happened last time! How do we even know using her won't just lead to all of us getting caught," Edward argued back as he turned his head.