Ben's Banishment

There were flashes of white. People in white. Pullies with bodies on. Screens. Strange people were plastic masks. A woman's voice constantly saying 'Wicked is good'. 

There was a girl talking to Edward, chatting with her. He was making drawings of strange creatures. Then there were screaming and muffled voices. 

Thomas flashed his eyes open. A scream was about to escape his mouth when he felt a mouth cover it. He saw it was his younger brother. He gently pulled it back. Thomas calmed down.

"You okay?" Edward asked, deeply concerned.

Thomas nodded and sat up. His brother was standing right next him. He kneeled down to his head level.

"Bad dreams?" he asked.

Thomas frowned a little and nodded.

"I couldn't sleep either," Edward said too. "It felt so real,"

"See you two are up," a new voice spoke up.

The two brothers turned around to see it was Alby. "Come with me," he turned his head.

Edward and Thomas put on their boots and followed Alby across the green grass. Edward shuddered a little seeing a knife in Alby's hand. Thomas noticed and took his head.

"You see all this?" Alby gestured to the whole Glade. "It's hard to believe but it wasn't always this way," he stopped walking. The two newbies stopped too. "There were dark days. And we lost boys to fear, to panic...but we've come far since then. We established order and made peace,"

The boys looked at Alby carefully.

"Why are you telling us this?" Thomas asked.

"Because you two aren't like the others. You guys are curious,"

Edward thought about how curious they were about the open gates before they closed. "Is that a bad thing?"

Alby didn't have an answer. "I hope it isn't. But remember this you two. You guys are part of this Glade, part of our family," he took Thomas's hand and placed his knife right in the middle of his palm. The older brother looked at him confusedly. The leader turned his head, and the two brothers copied his line of vision. In front of them was one of the Maze walls. There were names. Alby's. Newt's. Minho's. Chuck's. Gally's. What really caught their interest were the numbers of names which were crossed out.

"What happened to them?" Thomas asked.

"Dark days," Alby answered sadly.

Edward shared a pitiful glance at him.

Thomas carved his name first. He put it in a big space near Newt's name and Minho's name. He stood back and gave the knife to his brother.

Edward walked forward and started carving his name right next to his brother's. He then whispered a question over to Alby to ask him something.

Thomas tried to eavesdrop, but Alby's hard glare made him back off.

Alby nodded as a response to Edward's question. He told Thomas to turn around. Thomas obeyed. Five minutes later, Thomas was allowed to turn around again.

"Ta da!" Edward cheered mildly. He gestured to the name board, right at the spot where their names were carved.

Thomas saw there were two huge letters right under neath the space between the two names.

BF.

"Brother's forever," Edward explained.

Thomas turned to him and shared a loving smile. "I love it,"