The Brother's Adventures in the Maze

The moment they ran out of the hidden tunnel and ran out its the open, the Trio felt the ground shaking beneath their feet. They saw puffs of smoke and dust erupting from the ground. They heard clanking around them. 

To their shock, they saw the blades spinning. 

"Run guys!" Minho shouted. He managed to squeeze through the gaps. The brothers followed him. But the blades began spinning faster, blocking their ways. 

Mihno made it through another line of blades but Thomas and Edward didn't make. 

"Run! Quickly!" Thomas urged his brother to get through but still the blades kept spinning and they couldn't make it through to Mihno. 

"Come on guys!" Mihno shouted. "You can do it!"

Thomas and Edward finally made it through and they caught up with Mihno. 

"Let's get out of here!" Thomas shouted. They dashed around a corner and across a plain of stone with huge walls towering along the sides. 

"We're almost out!" Mihno said. 

Suddenly the earth quaked beloved their feet. They stopped and nearly toppled. Looking up they saw slaps of stone rising from the ground. 

"What's going on?" Edward asked.

"I think...I think we've activated some traps," breathed out Thomas. 

Just then they slaps of stone begin to fall towards them. 

"Run!" Mihno shouted. "Come on! Come on!" Quickly they made a run back the other way, feeling smoke and dust flying into their backs as the rising floors were closing in on them. 

"It's get closer!" Edward shouted. 

Mihno looked to the side and saw a gap which would lead back to the safe alley ways back to the Glade. "Over there! Quickly!"

The Trio made a rush through. But to make matters worse, the walls of the gap were closing in on them. They would be trapped and killed if they didn't get through. 

"Quickly!" Mihno made it through first. He managed to crawl through. 

"Go!" Thomas urged his brother to get through. "I'll be right behind you!"

Edward began crawl through the closing gap. 

Suddenly a loud screech rung the air. 

Turning his head, Thomas turned to see a Griever. The strangest thing was it didn't look exactly like the Griever from the other night. It had three longer tails, four legs and pincers like a scorpion. 

"Oh shi...!"

The bio-genetic monster roared. 

"Get out of here! Don't come back for me!" Thomas shouted after his brother.

"What...?" Edward turned his head. His heart jumped when he saw Thomas rushing off in the opposite direction, the different Griever chasing after him. "Thomas!"

"Edward come on!" Minho pulled his hand. "We gotta go! There's nothing you can do for him!"

Edward turned to Mihno. He tossed him the key. "Take this key! Take the others to the entrance and get out!"

"What?"

"I can't leave without him!"

"Edward no!" 

Edward crawled back through the gap just as the gap closed, hearing Mihno screaming "No!" Quickly he made a dash after his brother.