Sneaking into WICKED

The bag was pulled from Teresa's head and her gag was undone. She breathed heavily, finding herself sitting in a seat surrounded by mean men and her former friends. She saw Edward eying her interrogatively from a seat, Chuck standing behind him and Gally beside him.

"Gally?" she breathed. "How? How did you..."

Gally silenced her with his hand. "Here's how this is gonna go. We're gonna ask you some questions. And you're gonna tell us what we need to know. We'll start off simple. Where's Thomas?" he pulled out a seat.

"You...you guys don't seriously think..." Teresa tried looking at Edward but Gally slammed his chair in front of him.

"Don't look at him," Gally spat. "Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you. Not after what you did to his brother," Teresa eyed Edward again and saw only unforgiveness. "Now we know you have Thomas and the others in the building. Where?"

Teresa closed her eyes and hesitated. But she gave in. "Thomas and the others in the holding. So is Jorge. Sublevel 3,"

"How many others?" Amelia demanded.

"Twenty-eight,"

Edward and Gally glanced over at Brenda at a table. "I can make that work," she said.

"What about my brother?" Sonya demanded.

Teresa sighed; a little sadly. "He's been taken,"

"Taken where?" demanded Minho.

"To the Crank Palace,"

"Why would he be.." Edward paused, horror filling his heart. The others shared nervous glances. They had forgotten to tell Edward that Newt wasn't immune. "He's not immune," he realised. Teresa nodded despondently. "Where is it?" he demanded.

"On the outskirts of the city," she answered.

"We'll have to split up then," he said. "Some of us will need to go to the Crank palace while the rest of us go to the building,"

"No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID,"

"That's why you're gonna come with us," said Edward crossing his arms.

"Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her," Gally stood up. "Right? Not all of her," he turned around and picked up a surgery tool. "We just need her finger,"

"Gally, back off,"

"What, are you squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to your brother," he pointed the sharp tool at her menacingly.

"She's coming with us so there's no point cutting her finger off," Edward took the tool from her.

"It won't make a difference. Do whatever you want to me," Teresa dared. "You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up,"

"We know. We're tagged. Property of WICKED," Edward marched in front of her. "You gonna get everyone's tags out," he pointed it at her. "You'd better not get up to anything,"

Teresa got to work with pulling all the little tag implants out of everyone's necks, making them bleed. When it was Chuck's turn, Edward held on to his hand as he cringed in pain. He then sheltered him away from Teresa once he was done. As she did Gally's, Vince pulled out a map of the city which Lawrence had sketched out during his scouting expeditions. "So, if Teresa is right...the Crank Palace should be here," he pointed to a giant restricted area on the far side of the city,"

"It's surrounded by fences and soldiers," warned Lawrence. "Inside, it's a thousand times worse,"

"I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get my brother back," swore Sonya.