Into the Maze

Sorry it's been a while. I've been quite busy. Please send reviews after you read this chapter. I would love to hear your opinions.

There were images of Grievers. Edward was standing around them. A girl with dark hair and ice blue eyes was above him saying, "Everything's going to change," over and over again.

Then there was a woman who constantly said, "Wicked is good,"

Edward and his brother were with three other people. They were discussing things. One of them he called "Buddy,"

The two brothers were laying on moveable beds under sheets. They reached out their hands towards one another.

The same girl was over him, telling him the same thing again.

Then more flashbacks appeared. The lift. The closing gates. Screens showing Gladers. Then a voice crying out, "Tommy!"

Edward woke up with a jolt, breathing heavily. He pressed his hand against his forehead afraid that he might experience those horrifying dreams again.

"Hey..." a hand touched his shoulder again. He jumped. "It's alright. It's alright. It's me," the voice was sweet and gentle. It was Thomas.

"Tom..." Edward breathed.

"Are you okay?" his brother asked.

He nodded.

"Dreams,"

He nodded again.

"I couldn't sleep either too,"

"In my dream, someone was calling you Tommy. It sounded like they were crying out for you,"

Thomas stared at him blankly. Before he could ask Edward, they heard the clanking of doors opening. They turned towards the Maze doors to see them opening. Newt, Minho, and Alby were in front of them. Strangest thing was Alby was geared up to run like Minho. The brother's crossed their eyebrows. After giving Newt a nod, they disappeared through the doors.

"Why is Alby going with Minho?" Edward asked.

"I don't know. But I'm sure he knows what he's doing," Thomas said. He turned back to him. "How's your arm?"

Edward looked at his bandaged arm. He saw traces of blood damping the white but it was less painful than yesterday. "It's alright," he still noticed the worried look on Thomas's face. "It's not a life-threatening wound Tom. I'll be fine,"

Before Thomas could talk to him, they heard a voice saying, "You two are up bright and early,"

They saw it was Newt looking at them with an amused expression. "Your arm looking good Edward?"

"It's alright,"

"You should take the day off. Get your wrist resting,"

Edward wanted to protest but his brother insisted he wouldn't do work. And he nodded. A hour after breakfast, he sat on a log with Chuck watching Thomas, Newt and Zart chopping away at a log.

"Why would Alby go into the maze? He's not a runner," Edward asked.

"Things are different now. Alby went to retrace Ben's footsteps before sun down," Newt answered.

Thomas stopped doing his job. "Wiat a minute. He's going back to where Ben was just stung?"

"He knows what he's doing,"

"But what if he gets stung too?"

Newt stopped. "Minho's the best runner. Alby will be fine too as long as they stick together. He knows what he's doing. He knows better than any of us,"