Another Chase, Another Group

Brenda had guided the others safely through the tunnel but still, they remained trapped between walls of stone. 

Teresa was not happy. "I knew we shouldn't have come this way!"

Edward huffed. "Teresa, will you just lighten up?"

She was appalled at his reaction. "'Lighten up'? We're trusting her and she's led us astray!"

"She's only trying to help us," defended Chuck. 

"Thank you kid," Brenda answered gratefully. "At least he and Edward and that Aris kid see what my intentions are,"

Teresa growled. 

"Why don't we just stop for a moment and rest and calm down?" Aris suggested.

"I think that's a good idea," agreed Edward.

"Okay. But we can't stay long," Brenda led them over to flat space and all except her sat down to relax their limbs. The boys glared at Teresa. 

"What?" she snapped.

"Teresa...will you please try to understand that Brenda is just trying to help us?" Edward tried to be as gentle as he could but Teresa remained hot-tempered much to his annoyance; it was almost like she was jealous. 

"How do we know she's not just using us for her intentions?"

"Come on. That's a bit harsh," Aris tried to be gentle but his words were irritating Teresa. 

"Guys please can we not fight?" begged Chuck. 

"Chuck's right. We're all just tired. It's been a long day. And a good rest is what we need," Edward said. 

"Fine. While you three sit and relax, I'm going to scout ahead," Teresa shot up and before they could stop her, she stalked off.

"Teresa wait!" Edward shouted. "We have to stick together!"

But Teresa ignored him and disappeared around the corner. He huffed in anger. But he calmed his mind and closed his eyes. He tried to talk to Teresa in his mind but it was cut off on the other side, on purpose. Teresa did not want to talk to him. He sighed. He turned back to his friends. "Was it something I said?"

"Don't say that Eddie," Chuck comforted.

"That's just her acting up," Aris said. "Just give her some time to cool off,"

"What's her problem anyway?" Brenda said irritably, still standing against the wall. "Anger issues? Trust issues?"

Edward stood up and walked over to her. "She's just must worn out from all this walking. We all are. Don't let her get to you. I'm sorry that..."

"No. It's fine," Brenda interjected. "I'm used to this treatment. And I've dealt with worse. Thank you by the way,"

"For what?"

"For sticking up for me,"

"It was nothing. We owe you that. You're taking us to our friends so we might as try to get along,"

Brenda chuckled a bit. 

"What happened to your parents?" Edward asked.

Brenda hung her head down and pursed her lips. "My mum died because of the Flare. WICKED wanted me and my brother. They tried to take us but my dad wouldn't let them. They then shot him and they took us to one of their camps," 

"I'm so sorry," apologised Edward. 

"What about you Ed?"

"I don't remember much,"