City Chase

Lawrence and the three teens with the crank teen drove in their jeep into the city. "I don't understand," he spoke worriedly.

"What do you mean?" asked Aris.

"We should have heard Thomas and Edward's voices from the radio tower,"

"He's right," Harriet remembered. "What if they were captured?"

"No. That can't have happened," Aris shook his head. "They're free and they've got everyone out,"

Vince stood at the control centre, watching worried into the distance as he saw gangs of Cranks standing right at the gates of the city. He saw jeeps filled with dynamite.

"Vince. We're ready where you are," a man called through a walkie-talkie.

The leader slowly raised his radio to his mouth. "Do it. And do whatever it takes to find the children,"

"Copy that,"

The Right Army and Lawrence saw WICKED's men spotting them from the tower. "Now!" a man shouted. The men activated the engines. Pressing bars inside the driver's seats against the pedals, the five giant cars shot off towards the towering gates, dynamite activated, beeping rapidly, no drivers inside.

The soldiers high above saw the bombs shooting towards the doorways into the entrance. If they exploded, an army of cranky people would invade the city. "Destroy them!" a man shouted. They shot their weapons at the jeeps taking one out. A Right Arm member cursed. But the jeeps managed to speed up. They watched intently as they drew closer and closer to the gate. Five. Four. Three. Two. One.

There was a tremendous explosion and the towering gates exploded in fire, sending a flaming blast that lit up the entire settlement. Vince watched from the distance watching as they bombed their way into the city.

................................................................................................................................

From the watchtower, Frypan saw the gates exploding. Then he heard the roaring of angry men. "Find our friends," he prayed.

................................................................................................................................

In their large WICKED car, the brothers, Amelia, and Jorge heard a loud rumbling and felt something red and fiery casting a flaming flare through the window. They twisted their heads and saw giant clouds of red smoke erupting into the air.

"Oh no," breathed Edward. "They've blown up the gate,"

"They're gonna destroy the city," Amelia muttered. "This wasn't supposed to happen,"

"What do you mean?" asked Thomas.

"We were supposed to get into the radio tower and tell everyone about what Ava forced our father to do," Edward said. "That way these people would join us and we wouldn't destroy the whole city,"

"There's nothing we can do now," said Jorge with regret. "Right now, we gotta get to the others. There's nothing we can do about this," he looked in the wind mirror at the men still pursuing them. "Hold on,"

................................................................................................................................

Lawrence heard the loud rumble and saw the gate exploding in the distance.

"We have to hurry," urged Sonya. She pulled out a radio. "Minho? Gally? Edward? Can anybody hear me?"

................................................................................................................................